Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Friday, May 15, 2009

Letter, Tuesday May 12, 2009

Familia!

So first I want to tell you I had an epifany...epiphany...I don't know how to spell...anyway, In Spanish, to become is llegar a ser. Well, I never knew why, I just knew that's how you said it. But then I realized, llegar is to arrive, and ser is to be. So-llegar a ser to arrive to be! To become! Ah! I love when things make sense.

So holy cow! I'm almost done with the MTC. Somehow I still can't believe I'm here. And it feels like before I know it I'm going to be home again and all of this will be like a dream. It's crazy to think about how much I've learned when it feels like I only got here yesterday. You know? Wow! I can carry on a conversation in spanish and I can teach the first lesson and almost the second lesson! We just learned subjective which will help a ton with that!

Morgan is so awesome! She writes me every week! She's the best big sister in the world! I love her so much! Thanks for sending my letter on to her! So I'm sending pictures home today! Yay! I hope you enjoy them!
The first one-It was Hermano Stevensen's birthday so we bought him treats and wrote all over the board. :D The mattress...a few Hermanas were frustrated with some Elders getting a little too intense in 4-square So they took their anger out on the poor mattress. Ha ha! I didn't hit it. I just took pics and laughed. :D Hermana Stout takes my camera and takes pictures of me a lot. :D She also has an awesome coat :D and we made her do a photo shoot while we were waiting to go to the temple...that day was so cold! And it was windy and rainy so my hair...ha ha. Yikes!
The picture of the 4 elders huddled together...yeah, I love that picture and I'm pretty proud of it.
Elder Mauga let me wear his coat...he's Samoan...and I'm tiny...ha ha!
Then I took pictures of things I see everyday. Like Elders giving a lesson,
(The plan of Salvation puzzle spilled and I took a picture so that I could always see what things looked like BEFORE the restoration. :D)
Practicing conjugations and sentences on the board, Hermana Stout being weird, ha ha, Our classroom, (Hermana Stout took my camera again and just kept snapping pictures of me.) , Hermana Stout being weird. Ha ha! I love her! Then I took pictures of what I see from my seat in class. My view of the chalkboard and the window I always look out of when I'm trying to figure out a scripture or something.
The Elders that just left our zone used to always come in ourclassroomnd distract us all during MDT Ha ha! Kind of annoying but we loved them and you just had to learn to kindly ignore them...It didn't always work. :D What can I say? None of us are perfect.
I took pics of Cinco de Mayo celebration. Hma McMaster Has a sweet hat! Ha ha! PS: Thanks for the bagels. They stole my cream cheese (the jerks! I'm so offended! Ha ha!) But the bagels were good and everyone enjoyed the laffy taffy's!
Then there are some pictures of Hna Stout and me trying to portray how tired we were...it didn't really work because I just looked ticked and Hma stout looks depressed...so we just gave up and went to bed. Ha ha!
The goofy glasses...we have to wear those when we clean the showers every Friday. So we took pictures. Ha ha! We really look scary! Because we just rolled out of bed and started cleaning.
Elder DeGroff...his mom sent him a mask because she didn't want him to get swine flu...and he wore it! ha ha!

Then I took pics of people studying outside.
Then we had like 2 minutes of unplanned time...that's never good. That's when we took the pictures of people looking like giants. Then I took pictures of flowers so I could send flowers for mother's day. Then I took a picture of a random old man with an awesome hat. ha ha! He was very mysterious.
Hermanas Rock!
...4-square!

I love you guys!

Love,
Madi

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?