Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Friday, April 24, 2009

Letter Received April 23, 2009


Hola Familia!

So I sent you guys some pictures. [see slide show, MTC First Month]I hope you enjoy them. I'm trying to think if there is anything to explain. I have a picture of "Extrena Raton" in there, but I already explained that to you. When you see my companion looking like a Dr. Suess Character...yeah, I totally did her hair. Ha ha. She's awesome! We had a little extra time than we had planned on Sunday. So rather than study, (which we probably could have done), we played with hair. Everyone loves my ribbons and bows. I love them! They are so convenient.You can throw your hair back wet and put a bow in it and it makes you look like you actually spent time on your hair.

Hermana Stout and Hermana Whisenhunt both do Tae KwanDo. They practice on each other every day in the gym. Ha ha.


The elders asked the girls to write up our District Goals on a poster because we would be able to make it more "cutsie". (who knows how to spell that). we were like, "Cutesie?" and he's (Elder Raban, our district leader) like, "yeah, I don't mean like butterfly tracks, but cute." So we didn't do butterfly tracks...we did ladybug tracks. Ha ha! And princess stickers! Cutsie enough for you Elders? Ha ha!


Oh! There's a picture of us in there doing the creepy rat face...don't pit that one on the blog. Ha ha! There's one where I'm holding up a Book of Mormon and reading. We were making fun of the stereotypical BYU boy trying to make sure all the ladies know he's a spiritual giant and somehow (I know it's hard to believe) SINGLE! They take the bus and hold their Book of Mormon up so that conveniently you can see what they are reading and Lo and Behold!!! No Ring!!!! Que en el mundo?! Ha ha!

I also took a picture of Dad's mountain. I think of him (and the motorcycle) every time I see it.

OH!!! I MET VAUGHN J. FEATHERSTONE!!!! I Can't believe I keep forgetting to tell you! He came the first Tuesday I was here. He gave a bunch of conversion stories and tied them to different principles in Preach My Gospel. It was great! Afterwards I went up and met him and told him who I was and he got a big smile on his face and said what a great man Grandpa was and that they were good friends, but hadn't had the chance to talk for a long time and asked me to do him a favor and tell Grandpa Hello" for him. It was awesome! He's so sweet! It was so great to meet him and tell him Thank you on behalf of our family. He was really sweet!


The MTC is awesome because we get to hear AMAZING people speak. Guess who came last week?! Elder Jeffery R. Holland! Awesome! Wow! He's one of my favorites!I told you about his talk on your tape...Yes, I am making you a tape. I think Mom will be really excited about this. I can see her waiting for it to come in the mail. Mom, you are so cute! I hope this gives you something to look forward to. I'm half-way done so maybe next week or the week after depending on what kind of time I have. I love you guys!! I love making the tape for you because it feels like you're there. It's fun.

HAYLEY! Guess who I see here ALL THE TIME?! Ha ha! I think of you everytime I see him and I try not to laugh because I can hear your cute voice in my head saying, "IF YOU WANT A COOKIE YOU CAN HAVE ONE!" Ha ha! I think of how you laugh. You are so cute! I love you!


Anyway, I've got to get some study time in, but I love you all! Oh, I took a picture of white flowers that I am very proud of and I'm looking for Hayley and Mom to pass it off as "glass case worthy".


Also Dad, I have a few scripture questions.

-In 1 Corinthians 15:40 why do you think they completely took out the part about the Telestial Kingdom? Is it significant? Also, in the creation, it talks about everything being made "after it's kind" Que Significa?

Anyway, I love you guys! I have the BEST family ever! Thanks for all your support and letters. Mom, we get mail twice a day. After lunch and after dinner. Lunch is around 11:30 and dinner is at 4:30. I know...dinner at 4:30. I feel like we're in a nursing home except we don't get to go to bed early. Ha ha. My schedule as far as class goes is different everyday I LOVE my teachers they are the BEST!

One Elder in our district left for the Spain MTC today. Sad! The other three Elders leave as soon as they get their visas and then it will be 4 Hermanas and 2 Elders. Weird!

Anyway, I really am gonna go now. I love you all. Tell Kade thanks for the flowers and tell Dallin and Tanner they are both studs! I have the most awesome brothers. "Hayley, you're my very best friend...and we'll always be friends forever won't we?" I'm sending Morgan's letter to you because I'm not sure how many stamps to use.

I LOVE YOU!!! Have a great week!

Love/Madi

1 comment:

Ken and Susie Lovell said...

The better mailing address for your daughter once she arrives in Chile is:

Name . . .
Casilla 7-0
Osorno, Chile

This is where all the mission mail comes and then it is sent out to the individual missionaries in their sectors.

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?