Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"There was nothing more that I could have done for my vineyard." Email 5/3/10


"This is us being carried by the wind. We wanted to get one that looked more realistic but... we ran out of time. :)"

"The rest are pictures from La Conferencia that I thought guys might like copies of. :)"


"Here's a picture of my zone. We went on a hike today."

"Okay family, this has been an interesting week.

First of all, we have this family that has been sharing with missionaries for a long time. The problem is that they aren't married. The missionaries left them for a while because I guess they got a little mad about the missionaries pushing the marriage thing so much. But with Hermana Guevara we picked them up again and decided not to push the marriage thing so much. Instead we focused on getting sealed in the temple. It worked. :) We went over this week and they told us the whole story of their progress. They told us about all of the missionaries that have passed by, all the things that they had learned, and how they realized that God with us was giving them a second chance. And then they pulled some papers off the shelf and told us that they had gone to the Registro Civil and had chosen a date for their marriage. :) They will be getting married the 28th of this month!!! And then they will be getting baptized!!! :) You can´t imagine how happy we are about this. Really, it is a miracle. The Lord has blessed us so much this cambio with so many great people who are just amazing and golden. This whole cambio we organized and worked hard in the sector. We sowed many, many seeds. And this next cambio, it's time for the harvest. But... I wont be harvesting. ha ha. Because I'm being transferred. Hermana McClellan is finishing her mission Wednesday and I'm moving over to her sector to take her place with Hermana Bourne and Hermana Thompson is going to come down to be with Hermana Guevara. :) Hermana Thompson has followed me her whole mission. When I left Ecuador and Hermana Harper Hermana Thompson came and took my place. Hermana Harper trained her. It was her first sector in the mission. Then the next cambio I left from Ovejería to come here and she took my place. And now I'm moving to Ovejero and she's coming to Magallanes. Ha ha. The poor thing only has one cambio in each sector. That`s gotta be a little tough. She's adorable though. She's gonna love Punta Arenas. I'm still going to be here in Punta Arenas, just in the other sector. So in regards to the phone call... I'm going to have to organize that with Hermana Bourne and then email you with the information. The time difference is back to two hours now I'm pretty sure. You might want to double check. I'll email you with the number and everything later in the week. Be waiting for that. I can't wait to hear your voices. :)
I can't believe that you are talking about the school year ending and the summer starting. It's just getting into winter here. We have the craziest weather here. The other night there was so much wind that we couldn't walk straight and then it got so bad that we were sure that our house was going to go flying and that we were going to look out the window and see the Wicked witch flying on her broomstick and cackling and then that we were going to find ourself and our house planted on top of the witch in munchkin land... Secretly inside I was hoping to land on the other side of the rainbow but that didn't happen. Our house stayed firmly planted. Like the scriptures say: when the tempests and the hail and the storm shall rage against you, if ye are built upon my rock, ye shall not fall. :) I guess we're built on solid ground.
It sounds like all of the Conferences were good. It will be fun to go to Women's Conference with you next year.
So everyone is going to pitch in this year with the yard? :) I actually really miss my little garden. I think about it a lot here. I don 't know. Having my garden was kind of a spiritual experience. I always thought about my mission when I was working out there. I remember at the beginning when I worked and worked and none of the dang vegetables wanted to grow and the ones that did grow got plucked away by the birds and other animals just before they were ready to pick, no matter how much I tried to protect them with fences and other defenses... it was soooo frustrating. But then at the end of the season, that garden produced way too many vegetables to keep up with. Do you remember that? It was crazy. But at first it was really hard. And while I was working out there with my barren little garden, I got the impression that this garden was going to be symbolic of my mission. That at first I would work and work and wouldn`t see many results. But at the end things would turn around and I would be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I remember recieving this impression and wondering if it would really be that way (secretly hoping not. ha ha. I wanted to see so many fruits right away. I wanted to come in at the harvest.) I even remember sharing my feelings with a friend who basically told me not to be stupid. ha ha. But as I have been here I have seen that really that is how it has worked out. I have worked hard in my mission and have sowed and sowed, but I haven't been able to see many of the fuits of my labor. But now, miracles are arriving and my eyes have been opened and now I see more than I could see before. Really I know that the Lord is with me and that none of my efforts have or ever will be a waste. I know that if I keep working hard and keep weeding and pruning and caring for my garden, it will begin to bring forth good fruit. I will do all that I can to make sure that I do everything in my power to make this fruit grow so that at the end of my mission I will be able say that there was nothing more that I could have done for my vineyard. I know that God will bless me as I do so. We are not alone in the vineyard. The Master is always working with us.

I love you guys! You really are the most amazing family on the planet and I feel so blessed to be a part of you. I love you all sooooo sooooo soooo much! Have an amazing week and I'll talk to you all soon!!!

Con mucho amor,

Madi"

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?