Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Monday, April 26, 2010

"This week (The dogs in Chile aren't very attractive) I saw two leprous dogs playing in the street." email 4/26/10





How are you guys doing?

Things are going great here. The pictures that I sent you (and if i can get it to work I'll send more) Are from Saltos de Petroue ...I don't know how to spell it... and the last one is with Hermana Guevara when we went to see the boats my first pday here. They were huge. I'm pretty sure I told you about them. There were boats for all over. I talked to a few people from Spain. :) I thought of Morgan. We took lots of pictures but I haven´t been able to send any.

I'm glad that you enjoyed my last email and that you are all doing well. I'm excited to get my package. :) I'm especially excited to get the conference talks. I loved this last conference.
Yesterday we ate lunch at the relief society presidents house and her husband put on a song from President Hinkley's birthday celebration that was amazing! Gladys night sang it. I think the song is called "I Believe" ...ha ha. It's the song that Jack Black quotes in school of rock.. ha ha. But she ended it with "I Believe in Christ" and it was AMAZING!!! Hayley, you have to hear it! The DVD I think is called "A Celebration of Life" you will LOVE IT!!!!

This week (The dogs in Chile aren't very attractive) I saw two leprous dogs playing in the street. The funniest part (at least for me it was funny.. maybe because I'm reading the Bible...) Was that the two dogs were playing outside the gate of a house and there were four more dogs on the inside that were watching them and barking... haha it made me think of the Bible when the commandment is given that all of the lepers are to remain outside the walls of the city and are not to enter until the cleansing process has been completed. ha ha. It made me laugh... poor leprous dogs.

Also, there is an Hermano here who leaves to teach with us every Thursday. He is a funny old man. Sometimes you don't know what he's going to say... but he's sweet. My favorite part about him though is his voice. He sounds JUST like the Santa Clause in "The year without a Santa Clause" ha ha. Remember when Santa gets sick and he decides to retire because the kids don't believe anymore anyway? :) And Jingle and Jangle and Mrs. Clause try to save Christmas but they mess everything up and get mixed up with the Mizer brothers and... Santa sings "I believe in Santa Clause..." Ha ha. :) I love those good old classic Christmas movies. :)

So as you can see in the pictures... I dyed my hair for the Zone Conference... ha ha. Hermana Guevara did too. :) Ha ha ha! You should have seen the reaction of everyone. They thought it was real. :) Hermana Lovell was my favorite! ha ha ha ha! I think she almost had a heart attack! :) It was fun having black hair for a short but precious moment. :)

The Noche de Hogar went well. They liked the cup of dirt. :) I'm singing a musical number in sacrament meeting this week. Abide with me. Hermana Harper and I sang that once together. It was really pretty. I love Hermana Harper. She was the best missionary I have ever met. You guys will meet her one day. She is amazing! I love her. You will love her too!

Well, I'm going to try and send pictures of the wigs. I hope you get them and see them before you read the message. Ha ha! I love you guys! Have a great week!! Talk to you soon.

Love,

Madi

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

***Didn't get the picture of the wigs. Maybe next week.

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?