Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

" I will never have an opportunity like this EVER AGAIN in my life."

Hola Familia!

Good to hear from you. :) Your Sunday family night sounds fun. I could totally picture it. I bet I could even pick out some of the parts that you watched over and over again. :) I also love your goal of finishing the Book of Mormon before I get home. You can do it easy. That will be great! :)
Yes, my CD player plays MP3´s. I don't know why the CD didn't work. Oh well, wierd. Yes, the weather here has been interesting too. It's been somewhat warm. :) Sweet. So much for the most brutal winter in the world. Ha ha.
Girls camp sounds like it will be so much fun. Camping in tents is so much better than camping in cabins. You will have a great time! I can't believe how much the ward is growing up. I remember when Marilee came into Young Women´s. She was just the most adorable little Beehive that I had ever seen. And now she's graduating. Wow, that makes me feel OLD! Ha ha.
Wow, go Grandma Duke! Happy 90th Birthday. That's awesome. Tell her happy birthday and that I love her! :)
Way to go Tan man! Singing a solo in the concert! That´s my bro! :) I bet you did great.
I can´t believe it's already summer. That's insane. Enjoy your last week of school! It´s the best one of the year. Ha ha. Well, I really like the first one too. :) And then enjoy your summer!
Here the things are great. We have some AMAZING investigators! Alvaro and Laura are from Uraguay and they are just the most amazing people I have hever met. We taught them the Word of Wisdom and they stopped everything without question. They were smoking a pack a day each and they gave it up just like that! Not only that but they did a fast to show the Lord their willingness and ask for His help and support. :) They are amazing. They are getting baptized on Dad`s birthday!!! :) Happy Birthday to you!!!! :) They are great! Luis is amazing too. He is probably the most pure and humble man that I have ever met. He´s probably like 40 and he still lives with his mom (who hates us. ha ha.) And he's is just like a child. So willing to learn and with a strong desire to just do what´s right. He is amazing. He`s getting Baptized on the 12th of June. Oh my Gosh hayley... I can't believe that you are about to turn 20!!!!!!!! What the heck happened there?! Man! That´s crazy.
Punta Arenas is great and full of great stories. Speaking of stories... my skirt fell off this week... I´ll have to tell you the details next week becuase I´m out of time this week. All I have to say is that the mission is a really humbling experience... haha. It's great though. I love it. It really is an amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. I will never have an opportunity like this EVER AGAIN in my life. There will never be a time when I will be able to dedicate 24 hours a day, seven days a week to the Lord and His work. Not like this. It is an amazing blessing. I just want to make sure that I do it right and come home knowing that I did everthing in my power to carry out the Lord's work. That I left nothing undone. I want to finish and have the Lord say, "Well done my good and faithful servant." That is what I most desire. To please Him. To do His will. To be who He would have me be. That is my desire, and I know that the Lord will bless me so that I can achieve it.

I love you guys! You are the best!

Until next week!

Les Amo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Con amor,

Madi


Ps- Tell Debs that I am SOOOOOO proud of her and that I love her and that I can't wait to hear where she's called to serve!!!!! She will be an amazing missionary!

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?