Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Thursday, November 5, 2009

"don't you dare try to mess with lunchtime."

Hola mi familia!
¿Como estan? :) Espero que esten bien. :) Parece que sí. ¡Que extraño que esten con nieve! Wow, esta Navidad va a ser muy interesante... "Mi sueño es una Navidad blanco..." ja ja.

So I'm really excited that you have sent me a few packages. :) I haven't gotten them yet but I'm sure I will soon. Debs sent me one (the sweetheart) that is huge and says "Don't open till Christmas" Wow, how fun. She is so awesome! How many friends send their friends giant packages while they are on their mission? Most the time you're lucky if they even write you. Ha ha. But I'm actually pretty blessed with that. My friends are good about writting me. :) It really helps me a lot and I really appreciate it. :) I did get a bunch of letters from you guys this week! Yay! I absolutely loved all the letters! I loved Kade´s picture... even though I'm not sure what it is... ha ha. The one where he stuck on a bunch of stickers and then connected all the dots and threw in a few X's. Haha. Morgan, I LOVED your letter! I'm writing letters today but I won't be able to send them off yet because I guess today is a Holiday... And I'm not even talking about Halloween... Apparently (at least what I've heard is that) it's Evangelist day... So everything is closed. Ha ha. Chileans are so weird! They close for any excuse, refuse to go out in the rain because they are sure they will get a cold if they get even one drop of water on them and don't you dare try to mess with Lunch time because those are the most important three hours of the day. They close everything down and also, we have a few people that have problems coming to Church because "I can't miss my almuerzo." haha there are two things you can't mess with, Lunch (which is the biggest meal of the day) and "once" (like eleven) "Once" would be like breakfast to us but it's their dinner. (No, they don't eat it at Eleven. I have no idea why they call it Once. haha) They usually eat like Bread with butter or jam or sliced meat (Sliced like balogna... who knows if that's spelled right) and they also have like meat ground up so much it's a sread and they put that on their bread too. That took some getting used to. Yeni always had that for us when we went to visit her. :) Sometimes they have a little bit more but it's really not a lot. They also drink Coffee, Tea, or Mate with their once. Or if you're LDS Ecco, Herbal Tea, or Mate. :)
So the whole thing about Everton kinda creeps me out. That's great that my High School is under investigation... haha Lancer Pride? Yikes. It's probably good that cookie retired. She hated teenagers anyway. Who knows why she chose to work at a high school. I hope she's happier now. haha
That's awesome that Mo knows how to make empanadas. I bet they are different than the ones in Chile. Hermana Torrico made us Bolivian empanadas for our last District Meeting. They were AMAZING! Mmmm! I had the blessing of being the companion and obviously we didn't bring all of them to the meeting so we had the leftovers in the house... I'm pretty sure I ate at least 15. So good!
This week I sang come thou fount with the Familia Lio in Sacrament meeting. :) And the Bishop wants to do another musical number too. He sings really well. So I'll let you know when we choose that. Tonight We're doing O Divine Redeemer for the last time. That's fun that you looked up the words! :) I actually think they are better in Spanish. :) Maybe I'll send a copy home and Mo could read them to you and tell you what they mean. :) It's got the same message but somehow in Spanish it just seems more earnest. I love it.
So Hay, you're going to work at deseret book? That's awesome! You didn't want to take up the family tradition and work at Dan's? Haha. Good choice. ;)
How was the Halloween Dance? How fun Mo that you got to wear your Flamenco dress! :) I have a dress typical of chile too. Hermana Jaramio made it for me. Es un vestido de Chino. :) Muy bonita! And pink! :) Did you take pictures of them in their outfits? I want to see how everyone looks in their costumes!

Chile is beautiful. :) I love Osorno. We have a few investigators that I'm especially excited about.
-La familia Guarda- They are great.Their kids are members but they aren't. They come to church every week and say that they are going to get baptized by the end of the year. The problem is that they won't accept and actual date and the reason why changes every time so it's a little difficult to find out what is holding them back.
-Kevin and Mariela- A mom and her son. They also come to church every week. They are always really excited when we teach them and they understand and are willing to do everything but be baptized. Kevin says he doesn't feel prepared but he's realding the Book of Mormon every night and actually he's progressing more thatn his Mom. His mom wants him to get baptized but she still doesn't understand that she needs the baptism too. But she's a lot closer than she was when I first came. She has stopped reading the Book of Mormon which is a problem. I think she's afraid of forgetting the Bible. I don't know how to make her understand. We have tried so many things... We're going to bring a member (Anita) to talk with them. She will be awesome!
-Ramon and Susana- A young couple with two little girls. They are my favorite! :) So sweet and they keep almost every commitment. They hav problems with coming to church because they go and visit family en el campo every weekend but she came to general conference(which by the way Mi Hermana muchisimas gracias por el CD! :) Me encantó! Y que bueno que tenia la lista para ver quien esta hablando. En serio! Usted es la mejor! Le amo! Y su carta era hermosa! Yo tambien hermana. Escribí una carta con relación a eso. La que voy a enviar pronto. :) Le quiero!) But she came and liked that apparently. The biggest problem with them is that they aren't married. There is a reason too. She didn't give all the details but they are working on it.

So those are our main investigators. They are all awesome people and I'm sure that they will all get baptised but obviously it will take a little time.

Well, I love you guys so much! You are the BEST family en el mundo! :) I hope you have the Happiest of Halloweens! Oh, we saw a sign the other day in a window... This Halloween, please don't pass by my house. This family is in favor of life... ha ha and then a scripture about how Christ is the life. I guess the going house to house thing is new here and isn't completely welcome... haha.

Happy Halloween! Vote life! Haha.

Love you guys!

Madi

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXXOOXXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO




No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?