Okay, so now that I have more time... WHAT THE HECK? Mr. Everton?! There are a few things that scare me here. I knew Everton was a little off but... Who is this student that married him?! And what the heck were her Parents thinking? Could they not do anything? And how can it be inappropriate but not illegal? Wow... that's just wrong.
Okay so Channy is married?! Wow! Felicitaciónes a ella! :) That's cute that Kade just wanted to be with you.:) I love Kade! He's such a sweetheart! I rememer when he would say things like that to me. Or how he never wanted me to go to school and he always told me before I left to make sure I came back. :) He so dang cute!
So that's fun that you went to the Cheesecake factory with Gramdma and Grandpa. That doesn't sound like you guys at all... Ha ha.
So to answer your questions about the empanadas. I have tried asking people how to make them and they all just say pretty much the same thing. You make the dough and you put the stuff inside... thanks... ha ha. Now I could REALLY make empanadas. ha ha. I think I should just ask someone for a recipe that I could follow. I have one recipe that the Hermana Mirta (The Mamita that cooks for the President and his wife so you KNOW she's awesome!) gave me for this DELICOUS dessert. MMmm! I'm excited about that one. She'd probably... no, she would be the best to ask about making empanadas. I've tried hers...they are amazing!
The songs I sang were both solos. No, they weren't for the same meeting. The first one "O Divine Redeemer" was for the mamitas that cooked our lunch that day. When we have we have Zone Conference we always eat lunch in the middle of the two meetings and some of the members cook for us. It's always delicious. So we did that song for them. I sang, Hermana McClellan played piano, and Elder Cuadra (Our Zone Leader) played the Viola. :) The mamitas were so cute about it. They really appreciated it. It was really sweet. The second one "Oh Lord My Redeemer" we did for the special musical number de la Conferencia. (Hna Mac, Elder Cuadra, y yo) I don't know if that answered all your questions but there you go. :)
Also I sang at a baptism (not very well honestly :( ) "I feel My Saviors Love." and then this morning I sang with a member and her two daughters "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" for a seminary conference. It was actually pretty cool. A bunch of seminary students from different towns came and they are having a scripture mastery competition. :) I thought it was cool. Not all the students are there, just the ones that were the best from their area. Something that was fun is that I got to see The Branch President from Panguipulli and two of the youth from that Branch. So that was kinda fun. :) Hermana McClellan is so talented! The version of Come Thou fount that I have has a tricky rythm and she played it with practically no practice! I was amazed! She's awesome! And she doesn't believe me.:) Apparently we are going to be doing "O Divine Redeemer" again next week for the Stake Conference. :) That will be cool. I really love that song. It's so powerful. But I'm also glad I have a week to rest my voice becuase after not singing like that for a while... my voice was a little surprised. ha ha. You know that song right? The tabernacle Choir sang it this past Conference. It's amazing.
Hayley is so sweet! Thanks for the compliment Hay. I always try to sing for the Lord, not for the congregation.
Okay, you wanted to hear more about Korihor. :) Well, I luckily haven't seen him this week... So last week we were looking for less actives and we knocked on a door and he answered. Wow, I didn't know the spirit could leave so fast. He hardly let us talk. It was Hermana Mac's turn to contact so she was the one that started talking to him but hardly got a sentence out before he started trying to "reason" with us. He started telling us that God was just someone that people had made up to explain the unexplainable. His "evidence" was that there have always been "Gods" and then somewere down the line it was changed to one God and he went on about that and if we ever stepped in he would just cut us off with more of his "logic" so we were trying to find away to leave because we really didn't want to fight with him but I wasn't really upset until he started talking about the Savior. And he was mocking the idea that a "God" (if there were Gods) would come down to pay the price of sins for all mankind so that we could all be saved and return to live with Him and God forever. I'm serious you guys, he was Korihor. "Ye look forward and say that ye see a remission of your sins but behold it is the effect of a frenzied mind... Ye also say that Christ will come...that he shall be slain for the sins of the world.." And laughing at the idea that such great love could exist... well, I wasn't going to listen to this any longer. So I bore testimony to him that indeed God lives. That Christ did come. That He did bear all. That He did die and that He lives again. And that this great love, incomprehendable, but infinate and intimate- really does exist. I know it and feel it with all my heart and I'm sad that he is so hardened that he is "past feeling" and can't recieve these most precious blessings that are "most desirable above ALL" because he is so stubborn and refuses to open his eyes and "look" and behold the love of God.
Well, that same night I sang for the Baptism and could barely sing "I Feel My Saviors Love" without crying. I love Him! And I really do feel the love He has for me and for everyone. Even that Korihor, who refuses to answer the call of the Shepherd. "For all this His anger is not turned away, but His arm is stretched out still."
Well, I love you guys. I hope you have a great week! You're the best! I'm excited for your packages and even more excited to talk to you! Woohoo! Morgan, get ready... I'm excited for that! :)
I love you guys! Tanner, you know you rock at every sport so don't even worry about it. You'll for sure make the team next year! :) Congrats on the jobs Mo! Wow, can you believe it? You're home and working! :) Hayley, I love you! Frontrunner is a good idea! Why didn't I think of that?!
Dallin, you're hilarious! I hope your new choir teacher appreciates your sense of humor. :) Kade, you are SO nice! I love you SO much! Thank you for my pictures and letters! I love them! I think feeding the ducks is a great idea! We'll for sure do that. :)
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Que tengan una buena semana!
Con MUCHO amor!
Madi
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXXOOXXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment