Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Saturday, November 28, 2009

"I think this is the favorite area that I have had so far. "

So here we are in Osorno and it's been a long time since I've sent off a good email. :) So I'll try to do better this time. :)

So about Cambios I'm still in the same place with Hermana Mac. :) And it's awesome. I think this is the favorite area that I have had so far. I feel close to home and I just feel like I fit right in. I don't know if that makes sense. :) We had our Zone Conference on Wednesday and it was so great! I loved it. I always love it. It always ends with such a great spirit and part of you just wants to sit there and ponder on it, but the other part is like let's get the heck out of here and go apply what we just learned. :) I love it. And the Hermana always gives a good talk and just shows so much humility and love and teaches us by example how we ought to be. And President Lovell aways gives a powerfully delivered message that always speaks directly to my heart. I love the way he looks at and teaches from the scriptures! He reads them the way we like to read them. :) I feel like I'm in one of our talks Dad. ...well, for me those talks were always more like you teaching me beautiful and inspired truths of the gospel and I was just sitting there tying to soak in all the knowledge I could. I loved those talks! Dad you are so inspired! I am so excited to have our talks again! :) Or more like personal Seminary lessons. :)
Also this week we started teaching two adorable girls Camila and Vanessa. :) Their english professor in High school told them that if they wanted help with their english, they should go over to ask for help from this American family that lives at this address... the mission home. :) So they came over to President and sister Lovell to ask for help with their english. :) Can you imagine those girls with President and Hermana Lovell?! I love it! They were most likely immediately enveloped in more love than they have experienced in their life and with the feeling that is always in that home... :) There was no better place that their proffesor ould have sent them. So of course they are now buddies with the Hermana and the President and of course they took the girls to church and gave them each a Book of Mormon and got them taking the lessons. And guess who gets the privilige of stepping in right here and having the opportunity to teach these amazing girls... :) I am so happy for this blessing to teach them. They are so wonderful! They ask questions, they understand, they have their hearts and mind open, they are sweethearts! They invited us to their high school graduation and we actually got to go! :) It was awesome! :) And Camila won like five awards, including a full ride scholarship for a year at her University. :) I'm serious you guys. I felt like a proud mother! I actually cried when Camila won that scholarship. :) If anyone needs and deserves that it's her. I love her! She was so happy she was just glowing! I love these girls! :) I'm really excited to be teaching them.
Funny story that made me think of Dad. :) We were in a lesson the other day with Alicia and her cat... is crazy. We're teaching and all of a sudden we hear this quick "thump thump thump thump..." and then look just in time to see her cat running down the hall (Wood floor) and then leaping onto the rug- the rug slides, the cat with it, the cat runs into the wall, bumps off that one to hit the opposite one, and then takes off into the bathroom. ha haha ha! It was hilarious! And what was even funnier is that I realized it wasn't an accident when the cat did it again! Ha ha! He just wants to go for a magic carpet ride. :) Remember when dad would do that to the cats? HA ha. Grab them by the legs and make them look like they were flying while he sang "I can show you the world..." ha ha I think he did that to me once too... ha ha! I love you!
So you asked about Thanksgiving? Ha ha! I completely forgot about Thanksgiving! That was the night we went to the graduation so I guess you could say we Celebrated. Ha ha! :) Wow, I think I ate cereal with yogurt that night. Ha ha. But it was a GREAT day. :) I liked your story Dad. :) Thanks for sharing it with me! I think that is so cool that that man gave you guys a Thanksgiving dinner. I love those moments when the seemingly simple act of someone teaches you something that changes your life. I have found that I have learned a lot here from the "small and simple things". :)
Also, I learned that Santa Clause is the devil. :) And that's why he wears red. And that he's a drunk. And that's why he's overweight and laughing all the time and that's why he has a red nose and red cheeks. And that he's a thief! Why else would he sneak down your chimmeny instead of just walking through your door? Answer me that! :)Ha ha! How funny!
Hermana Mac and I have a copy of the Halloween sign. :) I'm really happy about it. :) Maybe I'll send it home so you can see it.
I got my Packages!! Yay! I am so excited to open them! :) Also, I got a package from Patti! :) What a sweetheart! :) I can't open that till Christmas either so that will be fun! Wow, Christmas in Chile. :) It so doesn't feel like Chrismas. Ha ha. "The sun is shining the grass is green the orange and palm trees sway..." that has a whole new meaning now. :) But it was fun decorating the mission home. :) We listened to the Forgotten Carols. :) I was happy! Ha ha. I think I did more singing than decorating. Obviously I can't do both at the same time. :)
Also, I got all your letters! :) THANK YOU ALL!!! I LOVED them! :) And I forgot to tell you thanks for the tanner clinic pens! :) They are such great pens. :) And today i walked on the train tracks... :) I was really excited about it. :) I don't know why... but to walk on some old train tracks has always been kind of a childhood dream... :) It may be wierd... but it's true! :) And I fulfilled it today. Ha ha. I couldn't help but think of fried green tomatoes though and I kept hearing "Buddy! NO!" ha ha. And I watched where I was putting my feet so that They wouldn't get stuck and I wouldn't get hit by the train that comes out of nowhere at exactly the wrong time. :) I also thought of the Aristocats. :) And I quoted "Clickety, clickety, clickety... WOO WOOOOOT!" :) I also climbed on the back of the train and Hermana Mac took pictures. :) So I'll send those when I send the others... I have a lot of pictures to send. :) "Get ready! Cause it's comin!"
This morning we painted a kindergarten building... it was messy, but fun. :) I got paint on my face though... I think I'll have to scrub for a while. "I... I think we might be here a while." ha ha.
Well I love you guys! We are going now to eat an amazing sandwich that you guys HAVE to try if you are ever in Osorno! OH MY GOODNESS! It's SOOO good! It's a chicken sandwich (between two slices of huge Chilean bread that they toast on the stove) The chicken is fried in oil right in front of you and then they put mayo (look out! You got to tell themto stop or they'll just keep going! ha ha) and then you can choose a bunch of other condements to go in it. We always put tomatoes, avocado and cheese. And the cheese here isn't your normal cheese either... Mmmm! ¡A comer niños! :) Les quiero MUCHO! Espero que todo esté bien con ustedes y estoy animada para hablar con todos en la navidad! No sé lo que vamos a hacer por la navidad pero realmente, no importa. :) Estoy en la misión. :) Que mejor navidad puede tener? Estoy tan feliz al estar aquí y tengo en mente que nunca voy a salir. :) Amo la misión, amo mi compañera, amo las personas en mi barrio, en mi sector... amo los otros misioneros. Amo el Presidente y La Hermana Lovell, me gusta enseñar. Aunque no soy muy buena al hacerlo. :) Me encanta rener el espíritu tan fuerte y presente en mi vida todo los días y me encanta estar aquí com mi plaqua. Me encanta tener el Nobre de Jesucristo junto con mi nombre todos los días cerca a mi corazon. :) Me encanta que pueda decir a las personas que represento Jesucristo. Me encanta hablar y testificar de el Cada día, 24/7. Amo a Jesucristo. Es un privilejio estar aquí testificando de Él. Cuando vine a la misión, pensé que yo estaba aquí para dar algo al Señor. Como un gracias por todo lo que me habia dado en mi vida... pero ahora- siento aún mas endeudado a Él. Porque mi misión ha sido una de las mas grandes bendiciónes de mi vida. Estoy tan agradecida que todavia me falta casì un año en la Misión. Regresso como el 21 de Octubre. Ojalá que me faltara mas. :) Pero sé que hay un fín. Entonces, hay que aprovechar cada momento. :) Y no soy perfecto. Me cuesta y me falta mucho. Pero estoy tratando cada día ser mejor. Y poco a poco, con el tiempo- lograré la perfección en Cristo.
Les Amo mucho! Hablamos en menos que un mez! :)
Hasta la proxima semana!

Con mucho amor!
Hermana Burningham

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?