Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Robbed! Email August 31, 2009

Okay, this week... had the best and the worst... :)

So first I want to tell you that I could really feel your prayers this week. Thank you so much! I felt so renewed and ready to work on Tuesday and it didn't seem as hard. So thank you. :)

We visited Elizabeth this week and gave them a new date. they are getting baptized the 12th of September. Cross your fingers!!! :) So we have if all goes well three baptisms that day. The other one is Felipe. He turns 8 this week. :)

The weather at the end of the week was really good. Sun! So nice! But the beginning of the week was SO rainy! And we hadn't been able to get a hold of Elizabeth yet so I decided that I should buy myself an umbrella and give her my other one (because she doesn't have one) so… I bought a new umbrella. It was a dark pink color and I loved it. But the next day it was stolen. The people never like us to bring the umbrellas in the house because they leave puddles of water. So we always leave the umbrellas outside the door. (The umbrellas stay out but the dogs come in?!) So we finished our lesson and came outside to find out that my umbrella was gone. I didn't buy a new one. I´d rather walk in the rain than have another umbrella stolen. But hey, by the end of the week the weather was nice.

So, Tuesday my umbrella was stolen… and last night (Sunday) we came home, unlocked the gate, unlocked the door, and walked in to find all of our things, all of our books of Mormon, all of our pass along cards, all of our clothes… everywhere. Someone had broken into our house. They took Hermana Torrico's Money, her ipod, and her pin drive. They didn't see my Money because it was in a little envelope but I know they did see my card and my licence so mom, change my account number. I guess they just write the number down and use it to buy stuff on the Internet. They took my speakers to my discman and all my memory cards to my camera. Luckily I had my camera with me and most my pictures are on the card that is in my camera. I lost a few pictures from Alerce and a few from home but the majority are on CD and in the card I have now. They took my batteries but not the charger… what? And they looked through my photo albums. They threw my scriptures on the floor. Jerks! But the good thing is that we are safe. “I´m a little shaken up but I´m okay.” Ha ha. When we saw the house and came to our senses we ran outside and started calling a tour neighbor's house to see if he Would come walk through the house with us to make sure that the robbers weren't still in there. When he finally came out he was ticked and said he was really busy and that we'd have to take care of ourselves. We called the police and they took 45 minutes to come. We had to call them twice. But we noticed a Light on in the house two houses up from ours so we ran over there to ask for help he came out and help us right away. Unlike the other neighbor, he really was busy. He was just about to leave for Temuco for a month or so for work. But he dropped everything and came and helped us and looked through the house and wouldn't leave until he had done all that was in his power to make our house more secure. He fixed our window (Which is how they got in) and fixed our fence on the side of the house. We have one fence with a lock and another fence inside that fence that leads to our water heater (which they also tried to take) I guess it´s more like a wall. Anyway, I was really touched by his sincere concern and his diligence in helping us. I couldn't help but think of the comparison of our two neighbors and recite in my mind “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of thee my bretheren, ye have done it unto me.” I was so thankful for that man and I know that the Lord Hill bless him so much for his Charity. So tomorrow they are barring all our windows. Last night we slept in the house of Hermana Miriam Jaramio. I love her! She took such good care of us. She was at her family's house when we called. They were planning on sleeping over but dropped all plans and came directly to our aid. I feel so blessed that we are safe and that all they took were the material things that don´t really matter and can be replaced. I know the Lord really protects and watches over us. Tomorrow we have Zone Conference. I´m SO excited to see President and Hermana Lovell! And our District is singing If You Could Hie To Kolob (In Spanish). Pray for us… we need it! Ha ha.

It sounds like you are all (now) enjoying school. Sorry you had it rough there for a while Hay. That´s so tough. But it sounds like you´re better now.

Happy Birthday Morgan! I LOVE YOU!! Good luck with your Baptism. I´m praying for you! Thank you for all your prayers! They definitely have helped and blessed me so much! Well family, I have to go. Thank you so much for all your prayers! I can feel them. I´m so excited for my package. I can´t think of anything really that I need. But I´m so excited to get my package. I probably get my other one tomorrow.

I love you guys! Miss you! Have a great week!Love ya!
Con mucho mucho mucho amor,
Madi

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

2 comments:

kylee said...

Madi-
When I knew you had left for a mission, it didn't seem strange at all. Sweet, intuitive Madi on a mission?...totally makes sense. After watching the video of you singing, though, I couldn't believe what I saw...a grown woman, not the little Madi I remembered. I'm choked up typing this now...I know your family has got to be so proud of you. You're beautiful!...and I am glad you're safe.

Keiauni said...

Oh my word! Morgan and Madison can't be on missions! That is AWESOME!!

...I'm definitely an old face but maybe you remember me!

I'm so happy for your whole family! So glad that you are serving a mission! I feel so proud to know your family:)

Keiauni (Rupp) Beagley

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?