Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Email - Monday, August 24, 2009

Hola!

So sad news first so we can get it over with... Elizabeth and José aren´t getting baptized this week. Elizabeth found work and wasn´t able to make it back in time for her interview and right now her schedule is really busy and she den´t have time for us to visit. She said things will be better in a week but right now there´s nothing she can do because the job is only for 15 Days and she really just has to answer when the call. So, I don´t know when they´ll be Baptized. I know they´ll do it but, I´m not sure when it will be. And we went over to their house Saturday night to see how they were doing and to make sure they were coming to Church the next day. I lent them my umbrella so that they could come dry since they don´t have one. Elizabeth was grateful for the Umbrella and said "rain or shine" she was coming to church because Sundays are sacred to her and nothing would get in her way... she didn´t come. I don´t know what to think. I prayed about it and I feel SO strongly that they are going to get baptized, so I´ll trust the Lord. They just need more time. Natalia didn´t come to church either, and Ingrid will be out of town for work for the next month. So we don´t have anyone with a baptismal date. But we are working SO hard! We have a lot of appointments for this week so hopefully we´ll be able to see the fruits of our labors. Okay, :) Now the happy stuff. No, I haven´t received my package yet but I am so excited to get it. I´ll probably get it tomorrow. If not I´ll definitely get it next week. What happens is that it gets sent to that address, Casilla 7-0 and from there they send it to our zone leader. And our zone leader gives us our mail every Tuesday when we have District meeting. So I get mail every Tuesday. :) I´m so excited for my package! :) You´re so great Mom! I love you!We find out about transfers tomorrow. Oh! By the way, Hermana McClellan got transferred early. She´s in Osorno now. So it´s just me and Hermana Torrico here. We´ll see if it stays that way. It most likely will. This is Hermana Torrico´s last Cambio and then she goes home so, it´s most likely that we´ll both stay here in Pangui. We were teaching some investigators Dani and Sol the other day. So the lesson was a mess because they had their friends over and they kept leaving the room to attend to their little girl and this and that and leaving us with their friends which would have been okay only, they were two guys that I´m pretty sure were drunk and they kept asking a bunch of pointless questions and before we had a chance to respond they would ask more. And we were in like a shed separate from the house so it was a little awkward when Sol left because she was the only girl and she kept leaving us with a bunch of guys. But the door to the shed was open so we felt a little bit better but still, it was super uncomfortable. And you know... things are always funnier when you are in an awkward and uncomfortable situation. It´s like no one can breath and we need something to laugh at to help us relieve our nerves a little bit.. So here we were trying to tech these guys and answer their questions, and Sol leaves again. And her husband Dani decides it´s a little cold so he shuts the door to the shed. Imagine the dread and panick! ha ha! Oh before any of us could ask them to open the door back up or even think of how to say it (this is when Hermana McClellan was still with us) Hermana Torrico suddenly bursts out with "OH MY GOSH!" Ha ha ha! Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard! The funniest part was the confused look on the faces of these guys. Not just because of the random outburst from Hermana Torrico, But also because she said something in English which meant that they really didn´t understand. Ha ha! Then we asked them to open the door and Hermana Torrico was saying she liked to look outside at the view... which happened to be their laundry hanging out to dry. Ha ha! Wow. So the Temple dedication sounds beautiful and how exciting that Morgan is coming home so soon! And wow, school already! Good luck you guys! Good luck Mom! :) You´ll have to send me pictures of everyone´s firsts day of school! Hayley, Don´t be nervous! You will love College!Well, I´d better go but I love you all so much and can´t wait to write you next week! Love ya! Con mucho Amor, Madison Ps- Dad, I absolutely loved your letter! Thank you so much! I can´t wait to have scripture discussions with you! I love you love you love you! I have the greatest parents in the world! Morgan, I love you! You are the greatest big sister ever! I´m excited for you and what´s ahead for you in your life! You´re the best!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?