Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

email, Monday, June 16, 2009

Hola Familia!

It sounds like California was a blast! It was fun to know that you received my email right after Morgan´s while you we´re on the road. I´m glad you liked my stories about the Dogs. ha ha I enjoy watching them. They´re no different than the dogs in America. Ha ha. Wow! There are just a lot more so you get to see more of the crazy things they do. There are cement walls here that are probably about 7-8 ft tall and there is a dog that lives in a house with one of those walls (every time we walk down a street, the Dogs go crazy! It´s like their alerting the media or something. Or maybe it´s more like Paul Revere, "The Missionaries are coming! The missionaries are coming!") And whenever this dog hears the alert he somehow makes his way to the top of this wall and checks out what all the fuss is about. And he just stays there for a while with one arm hanging over the wall... just chillin. ha ha! It cracks me up.
No, we don´t have dirt floors. We have carpet but it might as well be cement. Ha ha! Our house is so cold when we come home at night. And even when the fire is burning and we´re warm I can see my breath when I sing. Ha ha! Wow! But I´m never cold in the night. Don´t even worry about that. :) That sleeping bag is awesome!
The Spanish is coming along great but I want it to come along faster so that I can better communicate what I want to say. When it is really important, the Lord really blesses me and miracles happen and I can say exactly what I want to say, which I am so thankful for! But I wan´t to be able to express myself always. So I´m working on the language. And I know that It´s possible for me to learn it faster but I will need your prayers. :) I know you already pray for me, I can feel it. Thank you! I love you guys!
My first area is called Puerto Varas. It rains a lot and is REALLY windy! :) But I´m never too cold, and I don´t mind the rain. I've come to accept the fact that in the mission my hair is always going to look muy feo! Ha ha! Oh well, it doesn't really matter. But the Chileans love my hair. "Su pelo is muy linda!" Linda... I love that word! It´s kind of like, nice, cute, neat... but more. I don´t know how to describe it. But I love it. :)
I get along with the kids here almost better than the adults sometimes. ha ha They´re so cute! "Hermana, Hermana! Mire!" :) And the young women love me because I know the Disney Channel stars. They are obsessed with the Jonas Brothers! Ha ha! So funny!
Yeni's Baptism is this Saturday!!! Yay! She is so adorable! I love her! I´ll make sure and send a picture!
Empanadas... oh my goodness! SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I had one the other day with apples inside... Oooo! I loved it! But I do have to say, their candy is not very good. :) They have chocolate bars but they aren't my favorite. But I do love their Chocolate milk! But they have a cheap imitation of Twinkies here. Hermana Valdez loves them... They're okay but I know what the real thing tastes like. :) And I crave toast with strawberry jam. Ha ha! Weird huh?
Our Mamita is a sweetheart. Her mom was visiting this weekend and we were able to teach her and get her contact information. I think there is a baptism in her future. She´s awesome! Those lucky missionaries who get to teach her... :)
Morgan is awesome! I've already gotten two letters from her. I love her. I´m sending one off to her today hopefully. I love her!
I´m sorry to hear Hayley has had enough of boys. Ha ha! I know how that goes. I miss her too! I love her!
Well, I´d better go. I want to email Dad and I´m running out of time. :) But I LOVE YOU!!!!! Mucho! I´ll send you pictures soon. Te amo!!!
Chow!

Con Amor, Madison
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Hola Papa!

I LOVED you´re email!!! Ha ha! You had me busting up! Poor Kade! Ha ha! So he didn't like the tower of terror or the Ocean and he´s never going to have fun again? Ha ha! How sad. ha ha! He´s so dang cute! Wow, he´s growing up so fast! I can´t believe it! And he made you ride the horse on the merry-go-round? Ha ha! How cute!
The time here is really flying! I can´t believe I´m almost done with my first Cambio! I think I´ll probably stay with Hermana Valdez through this one since she´s training me. At least I hope so. I love Hermana Valdez! She´s so awesome! And such a sweetheart! And she takes such good care of me! And this morning she made me breakfast! What a sweetheart! It was good too. It was kind of like scones with cheese on top. She´s so sweet!
Thank you so much for the compliment on the language. I sometimes feel like it´s dragging along. I've only been here two weeks and I have learned SO much. It´s truly a miracle. But I want to just talk to people you know? Sometimes I can, and sometimes I cant. And I´m not very good at contacts. The Chileans talk so fast and sometimes on the street where there is so much background noise it´s hard to know what they are saying. :) But, It will come.
Thank you so much for your letters! They always uplift me so much! And Mom sent me a copy of the letter that you sent President Lovell. You are SO sweet! Thank you so much! That meant a lot to me! You give me more credit than I deserve. I love you soooooooooooo much! Thank you! You are the best Dad in the world! I love showing people pictures of you and of the family. They always say how young you and mom are. I love you guys!
I´m sending birthday presents! If not today, Next week. :)
I love you so much!!!! Have a great week!

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Con mucho amor,
Madisina

Elder Oaks is coming on Thursday and I get to do a special musical number!!!
Chow!

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?