Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Monday, October 12, 2009

Transfers - email October 5, 2009

Wow! How awesome! Boston sounds like a blast! :) There is an Hermana here, Hermana Demers, who is from Boston. :) She´s the other blonde that is in the picture with all the Hermanas eating lunch with President and Hermana Lovell. She´s a sweetheart! :)Have you listened to Kenny a lot since you´ve been there? "Sheeeeeeee's... from Boston.." :) So Boston is two hours ahead of Utah? :) That means that we´re on the same clock right now. :) For Both of us it´s about ten to 11:00 am. :) Kinda cool. Dad, the conference topics sound interesting. :) I like how they´re named cleverly and not just boring titles. :) You will have to tell me all about Boston and what it's like. I´m excited to get your letters! I love reading your letters! I live for them! Ha ha.
Well, as far as news goes here... let's start with we have five people with a baptismal date! Woohoo! Yessica, Alén, Valesqua, Alejandro, and Margarita. :) So finally we are starting to have a few of the fruits to show for our labors! :) But the bad news is that they´re taking the Hermanas out of Pangui and bringing in Elders. It think it's because of what happened with the break-in and we don't have any Elders that live close by that could come and help us if something like that happened again. And President Lovell doesn't like that we're so alone out here so... Transfers. :) So next week I'll be writing you from a different place. I don't know where yet. So you have something to look forward to. :)
Conference was great! :) We went and watched it in Los Lagos and got to watch all sessions. It was all in Spanish but I actually understood it all and got a ton out of it. I didn´t think I was going to get much out of it. I guess I kinda doubt myself when it comes to the language but this helped me realize I really can do it. I really do speak two languages. :) Elder Holland Is powerful even in Spanish! Actually, I heard most of his talk in English because he was so passionate about it I could hear him even with the translator talking over him. :) I loved it! He is so great! That's one of my favorite things about him is that he is so passionate about everything he speaks about. He knows it, he feels it, and he wants us to know and feel it too. So he does all that he can to get the message to sink in. I love it.
Temple in Concepción! :) Awesome! Another Temple in Chile! It´s a lot closer than Santiago so that will be a blessing to the members and will make it easier for them to be able to go to the Temple. They make big sacrifices to be able to go. We don't realize how blessed we are to have a choice between so many temples that are only a few minutes away from our home. We can go whenever we want without much sacrifice. It just made me realize how blessed we are.
Also, I am SO close to finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time in the mission. :) I'm really excited. Also, I'm almost finished with Numbers. :) Yay! I think it will take all my mission just to finish the Bible once. Ha ha!
Well, I hope you're having a blast in Boston! I love you guys so so so so so so so so so so so so SO much! :) Next week I'll write you from a new area! :)
I love you! Con Amor,
Madi

PS: I just wanted to say thank you for your inspiration and for your prayers and fasting on behalf of me. I really do feel them. It's so cool how the Lord works and the more we begin to recognize those feelings the more we realize how present he really is and the great love that he really has for us. I loved how the main theme of Conference seemed to be Love. :) I love it! I love how that's what it all really breaks down to. For the last few weeks I have taken up the invitation of Moroni to pray with all the energy of my heart that I can be filled with this love and the Lord is blessing me. It's easier to teach and it's easier to learn. It's harder when the people don't want to listen or don't understand, or don't answer with the same love you feel for them, but at the same time you are so blessed and can eel even more the supporting arm of the Savior and you can feel that He really is there taking each step with us as we walk together through the mists of darkness. :) I love Him! And I love you guys! Thank you so much for your support and your prayers and fasting and concern and for the great love that I feel from you! I really am so blessed! I love you!

So President Lovell just called and told me where I'm going. :) Drumroll.................................. Ecuador, Osorno. :) With Hermana McClellan again. So next week I'll be writing from there. :) Love you!

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?