Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Friday, October 23, 2009

Cooking, Singing, Dancing and Pictures - email, Monday, October 18, 2009


Notice the school kids in the window behind them laughing and cheering them on!






Hola!

Okay, so I know I told you that Saturday was P-day and that today is Monday... :) But from now on it will be Saturday. :) We changed it this week because all the Hermanas in our Zone went and baked cookies at with Hermana Lovell today. :) Wow! How fun was that?! Oh my gosh I just love her! She is a blast! We first ate these delicious empanadas. Wow... they were SO good! And with those we had salad. Real salad. Not just leaves with vinegar and lemon juice on them. :) And then we made Scotchies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and the Hermana made this caramel dip for the apples... oh my gosh was THAT good?! "And there was music..." :) it was fun! I'm pretty sure ever one of the Hermanas here has musical talent. It was fun standing around the piano, singing and Hermana Whisenhunt and I even Waltzed in the kitchen. Ha ha. :) It was fun. :) Then we went outside and took a few pictures... :) They were pretty funny. We did one where we all tried to old each others legs up... When that didn't work out we all stood in a circles and then sat on each others laps... ha ha. Then we made a pyramid (I was on top... YES!) :) And President Lovell was taking the pictures and I'm pretty sure he thought we were all nuts! Ha ha! It was fun. :) I love Hermana and President Lovell! They are the BEST! There is a school right next to their house and the little kids were yelling out the window shouts of encouragement while we were all doing our tricks. :) Ha ha! Then they told us that we were all "Linda" Aw! Ha ha. And their favorite was the pyramid. :) They wanted us to do it again.

Well, This week we had Zone Conference. It was SO GOOD! President and Sister Lovell really are amazing and really special people and we are so blessed to have them here in Osorno! They both gave just amazing and humbling thoughts and when the conference was over the spirit in the Chapel felt like a temple and I really think no one wanted to leave. And we all were left with just this great spirit and a desire to be better. You know how the temple feels. That's how it felt while we were there. I also had the opportunity to sing two songs. "Oh Lord My Redeemer" and "O Divine Redeemer".

I love being with Hermana Mac again! :) We get along really well and work well together. She is so fun and just always happy and ready to work. I love it. She sings too. We always sing together. She had a great voice and she is so humble and is always just telling me how great I am and how my Spanish is good and how I sing well and she is just a sweetheart. It's so fun being with her! And we do pretty good about always speaking in Spanish too. :) Today in the mission home we kinda completely let go of it... ha ha but I'm sure we'll be speaking Spanish again today. :)

Well, I contacted Korihor this week... I will have to tell you about it next week because I am out of time right now but... he's got me saying ever night to Hermana Mac, "Oh ye that are bound down under a foolish and a vain hope. Why Do ye yoke yourselves with such foolish things?" Ha ha. But I did what Alma did and just bore testimony and then we left. (He had a tooth that moved every time he said a word... I kinda wanted to help him out and just yank it out for him... It was gross...)Well I love you! I hope you have a great week!

Until Saturday! :)
Con Mucho Amor,

Hermana Burningham

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?