Hermana Torrico (seated next to President Lovell on the couch) in the mission home before leaving the mission.
Hola mi familia! So I just was about finished with your email and then the window closed and everything was deleted... ¡¿Que en el MUNDO?! So as I was saying... P-Day is now Saturday. And I'm not in Panguipulli anymore. Oh my gosh it was so hard to leave Panguipulli. I was surprised how hard it was. It's one of those Prison-Temples that Elder Holland talks about for me. Panguipulli was so difficult for me. There were many trials and many things to overcome. The work was hard. Sometimes it felt like the more we worked the less success we had. It was tough. But I have learned so much and grown so much because of it. I have so much love for that little town and the people in it. Panguipulli will forever hold a special, almost sacred place in my heart.
I think the hardest people to leave were the Jaramillo's. They threw us a going away party in their house. Hermana Miriam had the table all set up with balloons and she had all kinds of treats on the table. And she had made bread and had the Peanut-butter and jam out and ready. :) We exchanged "Love Notes" and then had to say goodbye. It was so hard. I felt like I was leaving my family. I always told them that they were my Chilean Family. :) I love them so much! Their notes were really sweet. It's amazing to me. After all that they did, they were thanking US. They are really a special family. I love them!
Hermana Torrico and I parted ways in tears too. We went through a lot together in Pangui and by the end we had gotten pretty close. Bless her heart. I could see it was hard for her to leave. Of course she was excited to see her family and get on with her life, but she also knew that she was sayiong goodbye to people and places that she most likely will never see again. I hope the best for her in her life. I know she is going to have a lot of success in her life. She's a great missionary and I know that her life will be full of blessings for her Devotion and trust in the Lord.
And here I am in Osorno. :) And I couldn't be happier. :) From the moment I got here I have felt so much more energy, confidence, and all around I just feel better. And it's weird but being here I feel like I'm home. :) I'm with Hermana McClellan again which was nice to come and have someone that I already know and have worked with. I feel like this is going to be a great Cambio. :) I don't know how to explain it but I have felt a great change since coming to Osorno. It's wierd because it happened so fast that I don't even know when it took place. But I feel so confident and ready and I feel more secure about the language and I don't know. I just feel great. The first day I was here I was in a trio because Hermana Whisenhunt was waiting for her companion to come from Punta Arenas. So we got to work together which was a really neat experience since we were in the MTC together studying and practicing and dreaming of what it was going to be like to actually be out in the field and now here we were working side by side. It was cool. And I just feel so good. I feel so refreshed. And I find myself wanting to lead but realizing I can't because I don't know the area yet. But I feel like this is going to be a really good cambio. :) I don't know how to explain it but I definitely feel like this is where I belong. :) It feels great! And I just feel like I'm just really becoming a better person, missionary... everything. And it feels great. :) It's another one of those times when I feel like I've broken through the prison walls and I´m running free! :) And also, the Lord has blessed me in my scripture study and has opened things up to me that I have never seen before. :) In short, I am so happy and doing so well. :) I love it here. I was sort of dreading the change and was scared of it because (like all changes) I didn't know what to expect. What was lying ahead of me. But now, I'm happy. And this is where I want and need to be. :)
The trial this Cambio is going to be to keep up the Spanish. Because Hermana McClellan and I are both "gringas" and so it will be different not having a Latina always in the house to listen and learn from their Spanish. But we can do it. :)
Well, I'd better go. But I love you all so much! Thank you so much for all you do! For your fasting, Prayers and support. I really feel them. :) I love you ALL!!!! Have a great week!
Con mucho MUCHO amor,
Madison

No comments:
Post a Comment