Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Email - Monday, August 17, 2009

The "Chicas Super Poderosas"! (Don´t mind the fact that I look gross... We didn´t have hot water for a few days... haha)And this other one is us at Zone Conference. :)


My house in Alerce and the Chapel there. :)





Hola!
Okay, sad news first. Natalia didn’t get baptized. This was actually a pretty rough week for me but that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t good. The mission is interesting. You can have the best day and the worst day all in the same day... I don’t know if that makes sense. :) But, Natalia decided that she wanted to wait to get baptized. I think really she’s just scared because she doesn’t really have a lot of support. Her family gave her permission but it was just kind of a "Yeah, do what you want." And that’s not really the support she needs. I wish there was something we could do but really, there’s nothing we can do now. "What more could I have done for my vineyard?" We’ve done all that we can. Now it’s just up to her to "Bring forth good fruit." I know she can do it. She just needs to exercise the faith that I know she has. So Natalia doesn’t have a fecha... for now.
But the good news is that Elizabeth and José remain golden! :) They keep all their commitments, they are more and more excited every day for their baptisms which are next Saturday, they LOVE reading the Book of Mormon, they not only do their personal prayers but they pray as a family every night and read the Book of Mormon as a family. :) And Elizabeth was having a hard day so she went to her Book of Mormon and started to read knowing that in her reading God would answer her prayer. Yeah... they are great. And they don’t have any problems with the law of Chastity or the word of wisdom. Basically, it’s like they were born LDS. All that they lack is the Baptism. :)
And guess what, we found another great investigator yesterday who gladly accepted a fecha. :) Her name is Ingrid. She’s 20 years old and has a three year old little girl. She’ll be baptized. :) She’s great. Her Date is for the 19th of September. :)
Mom, thanks for the compliment on my writing. :) I’m glad you enjoy my letters. I love writing you because it feels like I get to talk to you. :)
I think its fun that you check the weather every day. :) Yeah, wow! It’s rained a TON this week! The only thing I don’t like about it is that it makes it a little tough to contact people because they’re either not out in the rain or their running to get out of it. But it really hasn’t been too cold. I like my ugly coat. :) It’s about as warm as it is ugly. Ha ha! Thanks Mom! :)
That’s awesome that you put that Brian Regan clip on my blog. Ha ha! He is so funny! I was so happy when I saw the egg area. I started Laughing but neither of my companions has heard Brian Regan before... so I couldn’t really explain my sudden outburst. :)
The Potatoes with the hot dogs... I actually like it. :) The hot dogs are boiled or fried in oil... :) and I just but a ton of salt on the potatoes. Ha ha. They also eat a lot of soup here. I like that. What I don’t like is the hunk of fatty meat with the bone still in it that they plop into the concoction. Ha ha. EW!
Thanks for Mobs address! Morgan, tengo muchas cartas para enviar a usted. ahora el problema es que... no sé si van a llegar antes de sale. Wow! Como se siente? Me imagino que tiene muchas sentimientos. Te amo Hermana! Mucho! Gracias por todo! Por su ejemplo especialmente. Y su diligencia y su amor.. es la mejor hermana en todo el mundo! Le extraño! :) Pero nos vemos pronto! Before we know it. kinda sad and happy at the same time.
My mission is already flying by. Every day time goes faster and faster! I can’t believe it. I still can’t really believe that one day people are going to ask me where I served my mission and I’m going to say Chile Osorno... I can’t believe that I’m going to be a returned missionary. What? Cool though. :)
Wow! Kristen is married?! I still remember riding what she lovingly named "Big Bertha" to school. Wow, life really does change. It’s a weird feeling to grow up. I don’t know how to explain it. :)
Tanner!! How did your first talk go? Good job buddy! I bet it was great! You’re awesome!
That is so cute that Kade is counting the "Church Days" till Morgan comes home! Whoa! Three more... Ah! I can’t believe it! Ha ha! mom I loved the story about Kade in his black socks. ha ha! Yeah, he hasn’t changed. :)
I can’t believe school starts so soon! And Kade!!! What the heck happened? He’s in school now! Oh wow! I think I’m going to cry! Ha ha! He’s so big!
Good luck all of you in school this year! Do good and do ALL your homework, for Mom’s sake! :) Ha ha! Mom, I’m praying for you!
I think its fun that you read Dad my letters while he’s eating his lunch. It’s fun because I can picture Dad eating like a sandwich with protein Powder, (standing over by the Microwave), while you (leaning on the island on the side by the cabinet with the red dishes) read the letters off your phone. :)
I love love love LOVE you guys! I hope you have a fabulous week!! I love your letters! I always look forward to them! I love you!!!!
Con mucho, mucho , mucho amor,
Madi
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Dad,
Thank you so SO much for your email! I loved it! I actually cried! :) I really needed that! It was perfect! Thank you!
You are the GREATEST! I love you SO much! I’m so excited to get that talk and read it! I love Bruce R. McConkie! He’s so good!
I’m so excited to have our Gospel discussions again! I love you so much and I love learning for you. You are such a great teacher and your love for the Savior is so relevant in the way you teach about Him. I want to know Him the way you do. I love Him so much and love learning about Him and studying His words! Oh! Question, So Exodus is FULL of Temple significance. :) And I was reading today and noticing (besides the fact that the children of Israel are a bunch of idiots) a few things.. Did Aaron really make the Golden Calf for them to Worship? He talks about it like it was no big deal and the Lord still gave him all the blessings of the Temple. Also, the first time the Lord gives the Ten commandments he provides the stone tablets and writes them with His own finger. The second time Moses has to provide the tablets and write what the Lord commands. Is there significance to this? Also, I love Abinadi! And I love how often he quotes Isaiah! And I love how He answers their question about the verses form Isaiah with more quotes form Isaiah and then in the next two or three chapters explains them both. :) He’s so awesome! How old was he? Everyone depicts him as this old man but could he have been like in his 30´s or so?
Okay, enough questions! haha! I just want to know EVERYTHING! ha ha!
I guess it’s not really important to know the age of Abinadi but... :) It’s fun to think about it. But one thing I’ve learned is not to bring up questions like this to my companions... it’s just not a good idea. :)
I love you so much! You are the greatest Dad ever!
Have a great week!!!
Con Mucho Mucho Amor,
Madisina Shimai! :) Aw, how cute! I love Japanese!

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?