Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

There really is gold at the end of the rainbow!‏ - Email, Moday August 10, 2009




Okay, what a week! We found the BEST family in the world! Okay, So it was a really rainy day and we haven´t been having a lot of success so we were a little down and we were trying to find a less active member (We have this new program called "permaneced" that we teach to all the less actives to try and get them back to church. It´s actually a really powerful lesson. Sad fact: 85% of the members here in Chile are inactive. So we´ve been working to gather in the lost sheep. But the problem in our area is finding them. We get 10 new families every week from the branch president to go out and find. But the problem is that lots o the directions are wrong, others have moved, and others have died. Then it seems like when we do find them they are still upset after who knows how many years over something stupid that some other member (who is also inactive) did to offend them. So to make a long story short, we were a little frustrated. :) And it was raining and we were searching for this inactive member and didn´t find the house. But we decided to try again for a contact I had made on the street since we were close to her house. every time we had gone to visit with her she wasn´t there so we´d kinda moved on but we decided to try again and what do you know? She was home! :) And boy is she GREAT?! She lives in very humble conditions. Her husband left her and her two kids and she doesn´t have money and can´t get a job so they have no light in their house. But she is SO awesome and has so much faith! She said that she was going to leave that day with her kids but had decided to stay and what do you know? We showed up at her door. :) She accepted everything we taught and invited herself to church. Her kids are José and Nicolas. José is 10 and Nicolas is 4. :) Elizabeth and José are getting baptized the 29th of this month! :) Oh man, I love them!!! When we left their house the rain had cleared and there was the most brilliant rainbow I have ever seen in my life! It was really big and the colors were SO bold and defined! What a blessing! I felt like it was the Lord reminding me that He´s here and hasn´t forgotten about me. And like the parable goes in Jacob 5, He´s working WITH us to nourish his vineyard. We´re never alone!
Natalia is doing well. Her baptism is this Saturday. :)
Yeni´s Date fell because she hasn´t come to church and we haven´t been able to catch her in her house. We haven´t visited Lauren yet because she´s only available on Sunday´s and yesterday was PACKED! So next week hopefully I´ll have news on her.
Mom, you are so sweet! I am so excited for my package! I know I´ll love it! You always send great packages. And don´t worry that you didn´t send it off as soon as you wanted. I´m just happy to get them at all. Lot´s of missionaries have families that don´t even write them. I am so blessed!
So I keep forgetting to tell you... ¨:) Guess what my fridge has.... Yes, I have and egg area. :) "You come home one day, open the fridge, hey! Where are the eggs? Right there in the egg area. ...and these are all written in cursive which is a really nice feature." :)
One interesting thing... A very common dish here in chile is a plate full of mashed potatoes... with nothing on them... just the potatoes... and two boiled hot dogs... with nothing on them... ha ha! Yum. Ha ha!
We contacted a drunk yesterday. We didn´t realize he was drunk until about halfway into the contact... ha ha! How interesting he was. While the other hermanas were talking to him I left to contact another person that was coming toward us. Then marcelo, the first contact yell out(in slurred English) "That´s my Brother!!!" Ha ha! I´m pretty sure the brother was drunk too. Wow! Ha ha!
Also, there is a little puppy here that follows us around sometimes. I don´t know why but I´ve started calling him Chanchito. Which is like calling him "Little piggy". Yeah, terrible name! ha ha! Kade, it´s your job to name him! Okay? He´s a little black puppy with white paws. I´ll try and remember to take a picture of him. There is another dog here that I am sure is half out of his mind and he´s really sweet but he always has a half smile half... what´s it called? Gnarly look. Ha ha! He´s hilarious! I named him Griswald. It´s the first name that came to mind. But now I call him Griz, Frizwald, and Frizzy-Grizzy. :)
Also, the Mamita has a little grandson that lives with her who is Five. And wow! He is so much like Kade! It makes me miss Kade. His name is Benjamin. :) Yeah, he´s a lot like Kade. I hug him a lot!!! :)
Also, There is an Hermana in our ward who´s brother is really sick and she´s afraid that he´s going to die and she asked us if we would pray for him because she figured since we were missionaries we were closer to God and he would be quicker to answer us, Bless her heart. She is so sweet and always goes on splits with us. I was wondering if you could put his name on the temple roll. His name is Carlos Gonzales.
Dallin, awesome job on your talk! How sharp you are! Tanner good luck on yours! And by the way, I got your letter about the scooter this week! How cool! I have responses to your letter and Hayley´s letter so be looking for them in the Mail. :) Hayley, the power puff girls grew up! I took a picture for you. They are teenagers now! ha! I love you guys! I hope you have a GREAT week!
Mom, could you send a copy of my fathers blessing? :)
Thank you so much for your letters! I look forward to them and love them so much! I love you guys! I have the best family in the whole wide world!!! Morgan! Wow! You are almost done!!! Crazy!!! And you speak Spanish!!!! What? I speak Spanish... Sort of... What? This is weird! Ha ha! I love you my sister! I have a letter for you too! Actually a couple. But I need your new address. :)
I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!

Until next week... Con mucho mucho amor,
Madi

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?