Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Monday, July 27, 2009

Email- Monday, July 27, 2009



Okay, so I decided to try something new this week. I put a sticky note in the back of my planner and wrote a note every time something happened that I wanted to tell you about. :) So hopefully I wont forget anything this time. First of all, I got a lot of mail this week. :)

I got two sweet letters from Hayley (I love and miss you so much!) And a really cute letter from Kade. :) Thank you Kade! I loved my letter. Wow! He sounds like he´s growing up! And mom, I love how you send the ward mission letter. It´s fun to see what Morgan wrote and how the other missionaries are doing too. :)

I love my companions. :) It´s definitely different working in a trio but it´s fun. I almost like it better because it feels more like we´re friends living away from home who happen to do nothing but preach the gospel all day. Ha ha! And i really like going on splits. We get more work done that way. It´s great. And we found another investigator this week. Hermana Torrico (Who calls me Hermana Hamburger) and I were together while Hermana McClellan was with a member. Splits are great because if we hadn´t gone on splits we would not have found Yeni. Yes, another Yeni. :) Hermana Torrico and I knocked on the door and she looked out the window and we saw her roll her eyes and we were both thinking, "Oh no, this is going to be a quick conversation." But we were surprised. She invited us in! Wow! She was feeling really sick which explains the eye rolling but she let us in and listened to us anyway. And she accepted a Book of Mormon and our Challenge to read it and she also accepted a Challenge to pray and a baptismal date. Wow! She´s awesome! And when we went back to talk to her again she really had read and prayed! She hasn´t received an answer yet but she wants to keep visiting with us and she´s reading more of the Book of Mormon! :) So I´m really happy about this.

Also, It snowed this week! Wow! It was a really different snow too! I don´t know how to explain it but I liked it. And that´s probably the reason I´ve been singing Christmas songs all week without realizing... wait a second, It´s July! Also, one of the reasons that I like Panguipulli is because it is COVERED in hills and I´m loosing weight! Ha ha! I didn´t really gain a ton but I did put on a little in my face. And little changes in the face make a big difference. And with that and me wearing a lot of layers... yikes. So I´m happy because I look and feel more like myself now. :)

Also, I have more of my personality now. :) I can joke in Spanish! Ha ha! Yay! They aren´t the greatest jokes but it´s something. :) Also, the stars are beautiful! I can see Scorpius and Sagittarius every night. :) I haven´t seen the big dipper yet... weird. But I do have a question concerning stars. What is the name of that star that is red and is called anti-something. I remember dad telling us about it and explaining that it was called anti-something because it looked like mars and then he taught about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi´s and how it didn´t mean that they were Anti- Nephi or Lehi. But that they were followers of them and were like them.

Also, I had a cool story that I keep forgetting to share, Hermana Valdez shared it with me. one of her investigators had a baby and the baby was just learning to talk. And the parents were showing her a picture of Jesus and saying, "this is Jesus" and the little girl was like, "I know him" and they were like "How do you know him?" And she said "He took my hand and helped me cross." Wow! Cool huh! And even cooler, When she first said it I thought she said "He lifted his hand and helped me cross." Which automatically made me think Priesthood and even though that´s not what she said the spirit bore witness to me that the priesthood is very much a part of crossing the veil. Something I´d never though of before. :)

Also a side note for Hayley. I heard a car driving down the street with the music turned way up and guess what I heard... "I twirl around the world" Ha ha! I love you! Also, there is a crazy man here who walks around the streets talking to himself... Ha ha! It makes me think of Luis at Dan´s... well, now he´s at smiths. :)

I´m excited for my package! You are the best Mom ever! I love you! And you make the best packages! They are always not only filled with nice goodies, they also always look so cute and have adorable things on the inside! I love you! Dad, I loved what you said about the plain and precious things being taken out of the Bible. I have been reading it and LOVING it! Weird, I never thought I´d crave to read the Bible like I do every morning but I do. It´s so interesting and wow, I´ve learned a lot about the gospel and also there´s a lot about the temple in there. But I´m with you, I can´t wait to read it like it was written!

Girls camp sounds like it was fun. Mom, you are s dang adorable! I bet those girls just adore you! I would love to have you as my young woman leader! And good look at boot camp! That´s fun that your friends are back!

I can´t believe that Michael gets home this week! Crazy! What happened to the time? And JB After him?! And Morgan! I have to be honest. It kinda makes me sad Morgan is going home so soon. I like being a mish with my sis! :)

Well, I have to go. There´s more to say but no time! :) But I love you guys and I will talk to you next week! You´re the best family in the world!!!!

Con amor!
Madi
ps- please pray for President Lovell. He´s just had surgery. He´s in the US and we want him healthy and back with us in Chile!

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?