Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Email - Monday, July 20, 2009

Hola! Como estáis? :)



So I bet you are all wondering where am, who I´m with, and how things are going... :) Drum roll............. "Joy to the world" .......Okay, the area is Panguipulli. :) It´s so beautiful! Our house overlooks a beautiful lake and we can see the mountains and the volcano reflecting off the water and... it´s really really beautiful. Our house is really nice too and from the bedroom window we have the best view. I love it. :)



I don´t have A companion, I have TWO companions. :) Hermana Torrico and Hermana McClellan. Hermana Torrico is from Bolivia and Hermana McClellan is from California. :) They are both really sweet and great missionaries. Hermana Torrico goes home the same time as Morgan and it´s fun to think of her as if I had Morgan with me. I can´t believe Morgan is at the end of her mission! I wonder she feels about that. That is so wierd to me. Hermana Butler, the Hermana that was here the before me and Hermana Torrico is home now... Weird! It´s wierd to think that it happens just like that. That at one point she was at the same point that I am now, barely starting out, and now she´s home. It kinda makes me nervous. It makes me feel like I´m running out of time. I don´t know how to explain it. :)



This area is really pretty but it needs a lot of work. We only have one person with a baptismal date and no progressing investigators besides her. But we´ll find people. My Spanish is starting to grow. I´m able to talk a lot more in this transfer than I was in the last and this week I felt something change inside of me. I don´t know how to explain it. But it´s like.. I was enjoying my mission before, but now I feel a stronger desire to open my mouth and to talk to everyone and the great thing is that for the most part, I can! It feels like I just broke free from some invisible chains and jumped over the invisible prison walls! I love it.



Dad, you are so sweet to brag about me like that! You always give me WAY more credit than I deserve. :) I really appreciate your kind words! I love you so much!I´m glad you guys liked my letters. :) I love you guys so much and am so thankful for everything that you have done for me and for the examples you have been in my life. I love you so much!



I´m glad that you forwarded my email to Morgan. And thanks for sending me hers. :) Morgan, I LOVE YOU!!!! Thanks for being such a great example to me and for all of your letters and for all of your support and for being the greatest big sister in the world! I love you so much! How are you feeling? I love you!



Hermana Torrico is an amazing cook! She made us bread and also a delicious lunch yesterday. She is a sweetheart! I love her. Hermana McClellan is a singer too. And the three of us are always singing in the house. And I showed them our quartet I hope they call me on a mission and now they want to learn it so we were singing it in the streets yesterday between contacts. Ha ha! It´s different being in a trio but I think I´m going to like it. :)



Dad, I had questions about the story of Joseph of Egypt. First of all.... I´ve started reading the Bible from the beggining and can I say... This family had problems! Ha ha. Wow! And what´s this about Rachel stealing her fathers idols and.. wow many questons but today I´ll ask about Reuban. In the story it says that after they sold Joseph reuban went to the well and saw that Joseph wasn´t in it and he went to his brothers and told them that he wasn´t there and I´m wondering, was he there when they sold him? I always thought he was..



Also I have a favor to ask of Hayley. Hey Hay! :) How´s my sis? I was wondering if you wouldn´t mind getting on my Facebook and accepting a few friend requests. Yeny and my young women want to be my friend and look at my pictures. :) They are so cute! Then you could see more pics of Chile too. :)



Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER AND KADE!!!! Wow! How old are you guys now? Crazy! Kade is Five?!? Kade, you´re going to be in Kindergarten! Are you so excited? I love you! You´ll love school! There are lots f books to read and kids to play with and you get to color a lot! And Tanner!!! Wow! Mr. Priesthood Holder! I can´t belive it! You´ll be passing the sacrament and also did you know with the Aaronic Priesthood you can baptize someone?! Wow! You are growing up so fast! I am so proud of you! You are awesome! In case you were wondering, Priesthood in Spanish is Sacerdocio. :) I´ll send you all cards soon. I´ve been trying to find Chilean Birthday cards but they don´t sell any cards here as far as I´ve seen. I have bought presents though. You guys will love them! :) I don´t know when I´ll be able to send them but it will have to be all together. I love you guys!



Dallin, how is the video making going? What´s the latest hilarious story of Brian and Dallin? I love you guys! :)



Okay, now I have a strange request... Can you send me some sponge curlers? Ha ha! I know it´s weird but it would be a really fast and easy way to look nice everyday without having to take a lot of time. :)



Well, I think that´s all. I hope I didn´t forget anything. Until next week!



Con MUCHO amor,

Madi



Ps- Mom mentioned in her letter that you like when I put spanish in my letters. :) Intonces, yo voy a escribir un poco para ustedes. Les amo mucho! Yo tengo la mejor familia en todo el mundo! Yo siempre habla de ustedes y del amor que tenemos en nuestro casa y como mis padres siempre me enseño hacer lo justo y por eso estoy aqui en la mission. Estoy gran agradecido por sus ejemplos a mi y espero que ustedes saben que les amo mucho y por siempre jamás estaré agradecida por sus sacraficios y amor para mí. LES AMO!!!!!! Tenga un buen semana! Chow!

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?