Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Thursday, September 23, 2010

" It was really hard to leave. I cried the whole plane ride. " email - 08/02/2010

Wud up fam?!

How are you all? It sounds like things are going great. Wow Hayster, teaching Gospel Doctrine! Awesome! I bet you were awesome! And Mo, I know your class was great. I bet that you are a great President! That's fun that you got to see your mission President and wife. I bet that's fun that you got to work for him too. How wierd. Time really does go by and life really does go on. Things change so quickly. This last change was really rough on me. I can't even tell you guys what a special place Punta Arenas is. Dad, I loved your sweet letter. :) But I really didn't suffer much from the cold. The snow getting to my frost bite wasn't a problem because an amazing Hermana in the ward noticed that I nedded better shoes and saw that my foot with the wrap wasn't fittin in my new boots that I bought and so without saying anything she went to the store and bought me some snow boots. Then she called me up and asked where we were and pulled up and asked us to get in the car and handed me a box with the shoes in it and insisted that I try them on to make sure that they fit. Oh my gosh you guys. The members there are soooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and they are so full of love and... I don't know. I just love them sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I felt like I was at home in that ward. It was really hard to leave. I cried the whole plane ride. ha ha. :) But I'm okay now. :) I hope to go back one day though.

Okay side note. You won't believe what's playing right now... "Give me time"... Think wedding singer... ha ha...

Anyway, now I'm in Puerto Montt and I am doing really well. My two companions Hermana McShane and Hermana Neubert are really awesome and it's fun being in a trio again. I kinda like trios. :) The house is a cute little house that reminds me a lot of my first house actually. Yes, I am taking pictures of all my houses. :) I was going to send pictures this week of my favorite Jovenes from Punta Arenas after the Joseph Smith musical but won't be able to today. Next week and then I can send you some of P. Montt also. It feels really wierd being so close to my first sector. Thanks for the info you sent. Kinda cool that I know exactly where all of the places that it mentioned are found. Wierd to think that I have been in CHile so long. I feel like I just got here. But I am okay I think with where I am at. Obviously it's going to be rough leaving but I heard Hna McClellan say once that you just had to accept it and it's true. I won't let it get me down. I'll just accept it and keep working hard till the end.
Have fun getting your teeth yanked Hay. It's a fun experience. I remember when Mo and I had ours taken out and I was crying and she was laughing at me becuase I was crying. (I think we reverted back to childhood) and all that I wanted to watch was "singin' in the rain." I memorized the dance to "all I do is dream of you." :) Those were fun days. It grossed me out having to clean out the hole that was left where my teeth used to be. I hope you enjoy that. That's fun that you go to bensons. Are you still cleaning that building?
I'm excited for the package. I'm sure it will be great. They are always great.
I love the goal idea. I'm excited to meet my perfect family. ha ha. :) Hopefully I'll still fit in. ha ha.
What else? It's really not too cold here. A little humid but that's all. My hair is getting long in case you wanted to know. :) It makes me happy.
My companions both sing... need I say more. Ha ha. I'm going to send you a copy of us singing. :) Speaking of recordings, Debs, the recording didn't work. Try sending it again. I love you TONS!!!
Ohcar, I hope that things are going well with Smith and Aponte down there at the bottom of the world. Don't you just love them? I didn't get to see Aponte in the airport. The flights were all messed up for the snow. I don't think that I'll ever see her again. :( Tell Hermana Smith to give her a HUGE hug for me and then have Aponte give Smith a HUGE hug too. And tell Aponte to sing for Smith before bed. And tell everyone that I love them TONS and that things are going well. I love you ALL!!!

Love you Fam! I hope your week goes well. Until next Monday, Chao!

Con Amor,

Hermana Burningham

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?