Thursday, September 23, 2010
" I am amazed these people and their faith" email 9/20/10
Hey Family!
How are you all? Mom, thanks for updating my facebook and also for telling me about Yeny. :) I love her so much! She is a sweetheart and gives me way too much credit! She was amazing all along. I didn't do anything. :) The Lord and she with all her desires to follow Him are what really brought her this conversion. It's really been that way with everyone that I have taught who has made the decision to get baptized. I'm just a messenger. Then it's up to them to decide as they have spiritual experiences and grow through their own diligence, faith, and desires, wheither or not they will move forward and make the necesary changes. I am amazed these people and their faith and their desire to serve the Lord. I love them with all my heart and they are great examples to me
President Peterson is so sweet. I'm glad that he will be there on the 24th. I really love and admire that family! They are such wonderful people.
That's crazy about the fire. How does something so small turn into something so big? I guess the Lord did say that through small and simple things shall great things come to pass. I hope that they can stop it soon.
That is so fun that Morgan and Hayley celebrated el Dieziocho! Be prepared because next year you will too! :) I love that they ate completos! That is one of my favorite things! A hot dog with lots of mayo and even more palta! (Avacado) They LOVE mayo and palta here and they talk about ketchup like it's some new fancy sauce! ha ha. I love it. The other day at a members house we had potato chips and we had two choices of dips: Mayo or Ketchup. Ha HA! I LOVE CHILE!
We had a HUGE ward activity for el 18. It started at 10:00am and ended.... I don't know when. We abviously didn't go to all of it but our investigators did!! Yay! We came later in the afternoon to eat Traditional Chilean food and Mote con Huesillos.... mmm! And to watch a little Cueca (Which I LOVE and would LOVE to learn one day) And then we left around 8:30 to go home. (we weren't allowed to really work these last few days except with fixed appointments because everyone gets drunk for the holiday and well... it's a little swarthy if you know what I mean... ha ha) But when we left they were still preparing once for everyone and it sounds like the activity went on for a while after we left. Can you believe that? Ha ha. That's what I call an activity! ha ha.
Wow, I can't believe that it's been a year since Mo came home! That's crazy! It went by so fast! How do you feel Mo? It's true. Morgan and I got really close before she left. I love her so much! I sleep every night with the blanket that she gave me and the teddy bear she surprised me with when I had a bad day at school. Remember Mo? Right before you left you called me to see when I would get out of class so that you could come pick me up and i was having a bad day. So then when I came to the car you had a baloon, chocolate, and a teddy bear waiting for me. You are so awesome! I love you so much!!!!
Mom and Dad, don't worry about making me trunky. That's the last thing on my list of things to do. Not that I don't love you but my mind is on so many other things that I don't even have time to really ponder being home. :) I do appreciate you being careful about it. :) But I don't mind that you guys are trunky. You'd BETTER be trunky! :)
I love you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I hope that you have a great week! Hey! How is your Book of Mormon Study going? I haven't heard anything. :) Don't think that I forgot. :)
Oh, I read a disturbing story in the Bible the other day... I just have to saythat I'm glad that I'm not Jesebel... Yikes!
Love you!
Con mucho amor,
Madi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment