Wud up family?!
Okay, so I have to start out by telling you that I had to buy new shoes today because the bottoms of my other ones pretty much fell off last cambio but they were still wearable... until it snowed. My companion and I (by the way, hermana Smith is amazing and I love her to death! She is so adorable and so humble and just such a great missionary. And this is her fourth cambio and she already speaks amazing spanish.) were trying to convince ourselves that we didn't need shoes but then it snowed this weekend and... We almost died Yesterday walking in rain boots and all I could do was think about Dad's caution about frost-bite and how it's easier to get it the second time. And my left ankle where I got the frost-bite last time has been bugging me lately... so I got really nervous and realized that I had to buy new shoes. So I bought some boots today. They were the cheapest GOOD ones that I could find. I think that they should last me until the end of my mission. But I don't know if I really had that money in my account... I don't want to ask you for money. I know that you wouldn't have a problem with it but I still don't want to ask because I should pay for it myself. But if I went over, could you help me out so that the interest doesn't build up ad then I promise to pay you back once I get home and get a job. Sorry to throw that at you but I really needed the shoes and the cheapest ones I could find that would be worth buying were a little over 100 bucks. Ouch! I have never spent so much on a pair of shoes in my life. But I had to get them. They are good shoes. Not the cutest... ha ha, But that's not important. They will keep me warm and I will be able to do the Lord's work more effectively. AND my Achilles tendon won't snap. ha ha.
I'm glad that you and so many others liked the skirt story. It is a good story, you're right. ha ha. How embarrassing.
We had Zone Conference this weekend. It was AMAZING as usual. It is always so hard to say goodbye to them at the end. They are such amazing people. I just love them so much and love being around them. You and President are a lot alike Dad. I love it. I love YOU!!! I'm excited to pounce and give you a HUGE hug! This morning I walked over to my companion doing your favorite crazy dance. Ha ha. I think she thinks I`m insane... ha ha. But she loves me anyway. By the way... HAPPY FATHERS DAY YESTERDAY!!! I have a card for you that we made during Zone Conference. I'll send it next week.
As a mission we are going to read the Book of Mormon (which was the theme of our conference) In a month. (well, more like six weeks.) I would like to invite you to do the same. Before Cambios (the 28th of July)- finish the Book of Mormon from cover to cover. I invite not only you guys (my family) but also everyone who is reading this on my blog or on Facebook. Read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover and then Pray to know that it's true. And when you recieve your answer that Yes, it is true. That everything of which it testifies is real and that it happened; That Christ lives. And that He really did come to a people who had been waiting anxiously for over 600 years for His visitation here in the American Contenent. That He really did heal them and that He really can heal us if we will just look to Him and trust in Him, and avoid ALL distractions- When you pray and recieve this confirmation, write it down and act upon it. I promise that if you will do this you will feel of the power of this Book. And you will feel that power in your life, guiding you and helping you so that you can do God's will, feel of His love for you and of the love and healing of the Savior, and you will be happy. Will you do it?
Tell Debs I love her. and CONGATULATIONS!! I love you guys! You are amazing! until next week!
Madi
XOXOOXOXOXOXOXXOOXXOXOOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXXOXOXOXOOXOXXOOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment