Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well, another week passed by all too quickly in Punta Arenas. Email, Monday April 4, 2010

Hey family!

Well, another week passed by all too quickly in Punta Arenas. This week was a little bit tougher. Probably because it was Easter this week so everyone was busy with family stuff. We did get contacted by some Evangelico missionaries. :) I always think it's fun talking to other missionaries as long as nobody gets flustered. These girls were really sweet and invited us to church and we invited them as well. Who knows, maybe one day they'll go.
So the weather there is colder than normal April weather? Here it's warmer than usual. :) Weird. I don't use my ugly coat much and it hasn't even really been raining. All I need is my rain jacket. it's nice.
How was Disneyland? I love that place! How was the choir trip Dallin? :) How is Morgan's hair? What color did you die it? I keep threatening that I'm going to die my hair black because I'm sick of all the comments about my blonde hair. Ha ha. I think I understand now how Hayley felt with her red hair when she was little and people she didn't even know wanted to see it and just couldn't believe that it was natural. Ha ha. It's ridiculous. But none of my companions think it would be a good idea to die my hair. Ha ha. :) Speaking of companions, Hermana Guevara sends a special hello to Mom and "mucho amor y besitos." :) She's so sweet.
No, I can't believe that I have been out a year. Wow! It's crazy. I remember watching the April conference in the MTC like it was yesterday. That's when we saw the Elder in front of us draw the extraño ratón. ha ha. Remember that? Conference was GREAT! I loved it! Lot's of the people that spoke pre-recorded their talks in Spanish before the conference. It was amazing to hear how well some of them kept up the language. Especially Elder Anderson of the Seventy. They didn't say until the end that it had been his voice. He sounded just like a native. Wow!! I loved the talk about mother/daughter relationships. Mom, I love you SO much! You are AMAZING!!! I really do look up to your example and am so thankful for the blessing that you are in my life. I hope that you know how much I love you! I also LOVED President Uchtdorf's talks. Did you watch the Young Women's Conference? It was amazing! And I have to admit something... I think I'm getting old because one of the things that touched me the most about the young women's conference was seeing the choir of young women and hearing them bear testimony with song. I know, it sounds ridiculous. But I don't know. I was just so touched as I looked at the faces of all those beautiful, pure, and righteous young women. you could see the light of Christ shining through their eyes as they bore testimony of His divinity with song. It was so good to see so many of them there... They all just looked so beautiful, pure, and happy. That's the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Happiness and Purity. I loved it. I don't know if I could tell you a favorite talk from the Conference. Really, I loved every second of it. They were all so good. I loved how President Uchtdorf said that we are the Hands of Christ. And that no matter what we cannot give up. Really, I loved this conference and I am so thankful to be here in the mission living on the front lines of the battle field. Of course that is where the battle is more fierce, but also there is a peace and protection indescribable if we are obedient. And I am obedient. Pray for us that we will be able to be led by the spirit this week to those who the Lord is preparing to recieve the Gospel. :)

I love you guys SOOOO much! You are the BEST! I miss you tons! Just think, the next General Conference will be in October. The months I come home. :) Lucky me! I get to listen to General Conference 4 times from the mission field. Most sisters only get three, right? I feel pretty happy about that. :)

I love you!! Have a great week!

Con mucho amor,

Madi
XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXXOOXOXXOOXOXXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOOX

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?