Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So you want to know all about Punta Arenas? I love it.email March 28, 2010

Hey Family!

Mom, I loved the super long email! It was great to get all the news of what's going on up there. :) Wow, things are changing in the ward. Lots of missionaries and lots of marriages! How fun.
So you want to know all about Punta Arenas? I love it. My companion is Hermana Guevara from El Salvador. She is adorable! I love her so much. And we have so much in common. We get along really well. She was in my zone in Osorno for a while so we already knew each other so that was fun too. She is awesome and works really hard and has a really positive attitude. I love it. We are already seeing blessings in our area. The people are really receptive to the gospel and this week we have two people with fecha and they are both really awesome and are really going to do it. It's amazing the miracles that happen in the mission. We are trying to talk with everyone that we pass, wheither it be on our side of the street or the other, we try to contact them all. It has been a great experience. It's fun being with just a Latina again. I love her so much! It's also fun just being completely engulfed in Spanish again. With my other companions we tried to speak only spanish but... it didn't always happen that way. But now there is no other option and I am loving it!
As for the city, I havent seen much of it because our sector isn't in the main part of town but what I've seen I like. To me it doesn't look so different like everyone says but maybe that opinion will change with time. :) It hasn't snowed yet but it is cold. But it's not bad. I actually really enjoy the cold. I don't know if I liked it before but now I prefer it to the heat. :) So this is perfect. And I pulled out my big ugly coat again so I never get frozen. Sometimes I actually feel hot.
Yes, I missed the penguins but... Oh well. I'm okay with that. :) It actually doesn't matter to me at all. Ha ha. Wierd.
The members are really sweet here. We each gave talks yesterday and they came up and welcomed me and thanked me for my talk. So sweet! Chileans really are loving people! And old woman on the street the other night (It was about 9:45 and we were on our way home but decided to talk to her since we are talking to everyone) started scolding us. Ha ha. "What are you doing out so late? It's dangerous! I want you in your house by ten. You have to be in your house by ten. Don't be out in the streets so late it's not safe! Go! Go to your house! Inside by ten!" Ha ha. It was funny. She was worried about us and doesn't even know us. How sweet!
My flight? I think it was two hours. I'm not sure. They fed us lunch on the plane. That's what I remember. Ha ha. I took tons of pictures! (I had the window seat.) We left Osorno and everything was green. The next time I saw the ground, everything was brown. Ha ha. That's one difference. It's not as green here. It's like utah in the winter. The air isn't as humid either here. That's something different. :)
Spring break sounds like fun! Dallin going to california with the Choir, Wow! Fun! And you guys are going to one of my most favorite places in the world! :) Disneyland! Say hello to Cinderella for me! :) That will be fun for Kade. :)
The womens Conference tradition sounds fun! We'll have to do that for sure. Speaking of Conference, can you believe that it's General Conference this week? Wow! Do you realize that the last Aprl General Conference was my first weekend in the MTC?! Time flies!
So Tanner is doing track? He'll be great at that! Let me know how it goes! Good luck Tan! And good luck to Dallin and Bryan in the film festival! How fun! I bet they'll do great!
Morgan, how did the date go? Hayley how are things? Wow, it sounds like things haven't changed in that world. Ha ha. One day we will all go on a big group date together. How fun will that be?! "Sisters, Sisters!"
Kade I think a trip sounds with you sounds great! But I think Hayley should be able to come too! :) I love you! When I come home we will do lots of things together!! :) Start thinking of things you want to do. :)
Ha ha, Mom. don't worry about making me trunky. You are fine. It makes me feel good that you miss me so much! If you didn't then I would be sad. :) I hope you know that I love and miss you too! And it will be fun to see you again! But don't worry, I'm not trunky. I am definately focused and loving the work! That's a fun dream that you had about me! I hope that I'm still that little girl. I remeber when I was little it was so much easier to just trust and be obedient. I trusted everything that you told me and I knew that you woiuld never tell me anything that was wrong so I just obeyed. Sometimes I feel like I could used a little bit more of that attitude with God. But I definately have improved. Not that I was ever a rebel but now I am trusting more and acting without questioning. It feels great.
Well, I love you all SOOOOOOO much! It sounds like you are all doing great. I don't know if I answered all of your questions but, at least I answered some. Thanks for the update on everything! I love you guys!!! You are the best family ever! Dad, I was telling a family about you and the sacrifices that you make for us and the one that you made with work so that you could spend mopre time with us. It really helped this family! Thank you for being the amazing man that you are and for the great example that you are to me. As I was telling them I just started crying because of how much I love you and how grateful I am to you and the Mom started crying too. It really helped their family. I love you so much!

You guys are the best! I love you!!!

Con Amor,

Madi
XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXXOOXOXXOOXOXXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOOX

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?