Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Monday, April 12, 2010

"we've been kinda sick this week"

Hey, while I write you we need a little help. :) Don't worry, we're okay but we've been kinda sick this week. Here are the symptoms

Dizziness, Headaches, stomach pains (like a stabbing/ burning), troubles sleeping, loss of appetite, and nausea. O

It's weird that we both have the same thing. i don't know if you have an idea of what it could be Dad? We want to feel better so that we can work better. The Lord is blessing us despite our inability to give our all. But we want to earn the blessings. It could be food? I don't know. I think meat especially makes me sick. I don't know. Things with tomato sauce... I don't know though. I trust you completely. you always know what to do. Don't worry, we're okay but we want to be better. :) Love you guys! I 'll write you while I wait for your response.

RE: Hi sweetie. I was sorry to hear that you and your companion are not feeling well. The fact that you both have the same symptoms almost guarantees that it is either a viral infection or maybe even food poisoning. Either way, you will both be fine in time. These two common causes of the things you describe are "self limited". In other words they will go through you and be gone no matter what you do. The only thing you can and should do is to keep taking fluids by mouth to avoid dehydration. You should get something with broth in it to get the salt. Just get something like chicken noodle soup and make it like you always do, then only take like 1 spoonful every 5 - 10 minutes. This will replace the salts that you lose with vomiting and should help you both feel better. There really are no medicines that will speed healing in either of the illnesses you could have. The only symptoms that are worrisome are bloody diarrhea, severe fever with severe abdominal cramps. If you have any of those you might need an antibiotic to speed your healing. I rarely ever see that even when I worked in the ER. Just rest, get salty fluids in very small amounts every 5 to 10 minutes and give it another day or 2 and you should be fine. Email me anytime if you can if you need anymore info. or if you have any new symptoms or questions. I love you so much and hope and pray that you and your comp will soon be better. You are never a complainer so I take you more seriously! Have a great week sweetie. Dad

Hey family!

Mom... I can't believe you wrote me in shortcuts. :) It's incredible that it still bugs me. Ha ha. But you forgot to pout "love" as "luv" ha ha. Lame. I hate those dang shortcuts. Especially when they put "srry" instead of "sorry"... yeah, sure you`re sorry. You couldn't even put forth the energy to put the dang "o" in there... ha ha. Seriously. OKay, that's enough complaining. :)
It was fun reading your emails. Also I got the Easter package this week and your letters! Thank you so much! I loved all of it! Dad, I loved the picture of the plane. Ha ha. It sounds like you are all doing well. That's good. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacations. I heard about the earthquake in California and thought... of course, right when my family is there... ha ha. But I knew you were fine. Everyone said that it was a seven but I felt at peace and knew you would be okay. It's amazing how exact the spirit is when it speaks to us. And still sometimes we ignore it.
Wow, I can't believe that it is snowing so much up there. It's like the weather is flip flopping because down here eeryone is talking about how normally this time of year it is snowing but it actually hasn't been bad. it's only rained once and the rest of the days there is just a cool breeze. Apparently the wind here is normally pretty bad but that hasn't happened either. The Lord must really love me because He saves me from suffering temperature wise. Apparently in the summer it is SCORCHING hot. The missionaries all talked about how miserable it was last year but this year there wasn't really much summer and it never got too hot. It was perfect. And now that I'm in Punta Arenas for the winter (Apparently the coldest place in the mission) the weather is beautiful. I haven't suffered cold at all. The Lord really has blessed me.
The parrot singing was hilarious! Ha ha. I loved it. I especially loved hearing you guys laughing. I could see each of you in my mind. :) It was great.
You'll have to send a picture of Morgan's hair. I want to see it. :)
That's cool that Elder Oaks talked about Lauren. Was that in the Priesthood session? I can't wait to read it. How's the family doing? Bless their hearts. I love them.
You are so sweet for the things you said about me Mom! I love you sooooooo much. Really, I'M the one that's blessed to be your daughter. I love you!
Dad, I loved the story about Tanner and Kade! Ha ha! Oh! Poor Tanner! How scary! Wow! What a story! Ha ha! It probably sholdn't be funny but it is. :) Morgan told me about how Kade got stuck in the window well... "Somebody!" Ha ha! Poor guy! Ha ha. Wow, I can't believe how tall he must be getting. Everyone is going to be so different when I come home. :) I'm excited to see you guys and miss you too! You are the best family in the whole entire world! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Oh! Ha ha! The other day I saw something funny... ha ha. I saw two girls (like thirteen or so) taking a stroll along the sidewalk... on stilts. Ha ha. What? They were just walking around like this was something normal... like everyone walk around on stilts. Ha ha. And they even stopped for a moment to casually lean against the wall and talk. Ha ha. Seriously, it was hilarious! Also, the dogs here love me. And I don't know why. The other day we were walking down the street and there were three huge dogs coming toward us. They were all staring at me... I was a little nervous... and then the three of them just stopped right in front of me and wagged their tails. It's like they came over becuase they had something to tell me and then they let us pass and followed a little bit but then left. Ha ha. whatever. :) I love you guys!!!!!!

Have a great week! Talk to you soon!

Con Mucho Amor!!

Madi
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?