Transfers are next week and... I know where I'm going. I think I'll wait till the end to tell you... ha ha ha ha. (That was a diabolical laugh.) Don't you dare skip to the end and read it. :)
How are you all? It sounds like you are all doing well. I got a letter from Morgan and heard about the "popcorn popping on the apricot tree" song. Ha ha! How did it go Dallin? Did your teacher let you get away with that? That's awesome! I wish I could have seen it. :) Hayley and Morgan, Sorry to hear that dating is not so fun right now. Wow, I really am so glad that I get a break from all of that. :)
So I got the birthday box but not the envelope. But I LOVED my Birthday box! We made the cookies at the mission home and fed them to the Elders and they were a hit. I also loved the Eggs! Oooo! Those eggs are the best! They were the first thing to go. I shared them with a few investigators... they didn't understand how amazing they are. Cadbury... they are amazing. The shirts and scarf are really cute too. You always make great packages. The Package with the pink plaid hat was from the Mike and Angie. It's really cute too. They also sent me sweets. They know what I like. You sent me an Easter Package?! SWEET! I'm excited for that. :) But it might take a while to get to me...
The school play was the wedding singer? Weird. Ha ha. That's random. Was it good? Layton High always does put on the best plays. They are all sooo talented. It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about playing the drums for the play... I just kept thinking of choir. Ha ha. Playing the drums for choir was a lot more fun than playing the drums for the play. :) Probably because with the Choir I felt more like a part of the group and when I played for Productions I just felt like the hired help without pay. But I still enjoyed the shows.
So... March madness. :) How are we doing? The U obviously isn´t playing if we´re watching the Y. Ha ha. I do have to say that I am looking forward to sitting around and watching the games as a family again. We always have the most fun when we´re together. I love it.
The Young women lesson sunday sounds great. :) I would love to be there and just ask Dad questions and hear him answer them all. He is a great Bishop. I know that that will be a great lesson. Did they write down a lot of good questions? That's smart that you had them write them instead of just ask them there. That way they won't be embarrassed to ask because nobody will know it's their question.
I'm glad to hear Papa is doing better. The Birthday card he sent me broke my heart. I love him so much! He is a sweetheart.
I got kade´s picture that he drew me and then cut out. It's in my scriptures. The kids (they like to look through my scriptures.) always find it and then inform me that they are impressed with his art work. :) I love it.
I love you all SO much! And I am excited to see you again. Wow you guys. My mission is flying by. So far so good. No regrets. That's a good feeling. Of course... I'm not perfect YET. But I still have six months to achieve it. :)
Dad, Good luck on the Board Exam. I know you will do great! You already know alll this stuff. I know it will be easy for you. :)
Well, here's the moment you have all been waiting for... I waited until the end of my letter to tell you where I am going because... I'm going to pretty much the end of the world! That's right, I'm going down to Punta Arenas. It is on the tip of Chile. I have to take a plane to get down there which means that I'm going to have to get rid of a few things. I'm going to try and send some things home but... time never allows. But I'll try. If I send it there will be a few small things included for you guys. Some of which I had planned on sending for Chrismas but... Once again... I'm a horrible time manager apparently. :) Punta Arenas in the summer time has Penguins... but I won't be seeing them because we're back to winter now. Ha ha. So long sunshine. Ha ha. Really that part doesn't bother me. I don't mind the cold. I probably prefer it to the heat. But the part that nakes me nervous is being so far away. I feel like i'm leaving the mission. We are separated from everything and everyone. I have been spoiled being here so close to the mission home right here in the heart of the mission and now I', being booted out. :) I feel like I'll be leaving home all over again. Wow. Punta Arenas. But everyone that goes there loves it so I'm sure that it will be great. I don't really know what to expect because I've heard all kinds of stories. So I'll just have to wait and see. I'll probably be flying down on Wednesday morning. Yikes! Pray for me! Ha ha!
I love you all soooo much! You are the best family in the whole world!
It's raining outside and none of us brought jackets... Bad idea. Word of advice number one: Always have a jacket ready when you are in Chile. You never know when it's going to suddenly start pouring rain. :) Oh well. Bring it on!
Love you guys! The next time I write will be Monday. Not in two Days... In a week and two days. :) We're back to Monday p-day. I love you all!!!!
Have a great week!!!!
Con mucho mucho MUCHO amor,
Madi
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Punta Arenas is the southernmost city on Earth, overlooking the Straits of Magellan. Situated astride one of the world's historic trade routes, its prosperity has risen and fallen with that trade. Punta Arenas enjoyed its first great boom during the California Gold Rush, when it served as a haven for great clipper ships. Although the port's importance diminished after the opening of the Panama Canal, the city reached even greater prosperity early in this century as the center of Chile's international wool trade. Today, Punto Arenas reflects a great mix of cultures, from English sheep ranchers to Portuguese sailors, and it remains an utterly fascinating testament to the Chile's rich history. Punta Arenas is also the starting point for excursions to some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. geographia.com


No comments:
Post a Comment