Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

" The woman called the fuzz on me because I invited her to come unto Christ!!! " email August 16, 2010




Guess who I'm with right now? :) Do you recognize her? :) It's Yeny!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey fam. :)

Okay, so I don't have much time to write this week but as you can see I am very happy in this moment. Yeny is with me and we have been catching up. She studies in the university here in P. Montt and so she called me to see where I was and we were at the mall so she stopped by and well... we're really happy. She says hi to all of you!

This week we put an old man with fecha who before wouldn't accept fecha because he says that he´s too old now. Ha ha. But now he's looking forward to it. :) He's a cute little old man.

I was really sorry to hear about Debs. Bless her heart. But I am so proud of her. I know that if the Lord wants her to go on a mission she will still go. He's healed the sick before, why not now? It just takes faith and of course it has to be Gods will. I'm praying for ya sis! I love you so much! I am SO proud of you! Keep working. Don't give up. It's not over yet. :) Miracles have not ceased.

Yeny just went back to the University. It was so great to see her.

I loved the pictures! Yeny is engaged to a return missionary! Yay! He called her while she was sitting here with me and he said he wanted to talk to me and she handed me the phone and he told me that he just wanted to say thank you. He said that after serving his mission with obedience he was waiting for his "blessing," and because I was an obedient missionary also, he received the blessing he was waiting for. It was really sweet. Wow. I can't tell you how I feel right now after seeing her and seeing how she has grown and just... wow. All of the blessings that come and we don't even realize. That just goes to show how important it is that we work hard and are obedient (not just as missionaries) and that we shine forth the light of Christ to all those around us because we never know who's watching and who the light will touch. I think that I never would have fully understood that scripture if I hadn't served a mission. (Let your light so shine) It really is an amazing verse.

What else? Oh. It's a good thing that this week ended well because it sure didn't start out that way. :) It seemed like nobody wanted to talk to us. Actually, it WAS that way. One contact in particular REALLY didn't want anything. The woman called the fuzz on me because I invited her to come unto Christ!!! "Call the Po Po!" ha ha. Can you believe that?! What the heck?! Oh well, everyone has to at least have the opportunity to accept or reject, right?

Also, I can't believe that I hadn't figured this out until now but... because we don't have a stove.. or an oven.. we thought that we couldn't cook. And then suddenly, it clicked! I remembered what I had learned at girls camp! Tin foil dinners!! Ha ha! Why hadn't I thought of it before? We use fire to heat the house. Duh! Why didn't we think of that before? It's perfect! :)

Anyway, that's our week in a nutshell. No song today. Sorry. We recorded lots but weren't satisfied with any of them. Ha ha. So next week I'll send two.

I loved all of the emails! They were great! Thank you! I'm glad you like German food. me too... they sell it a lot here! :) Mmm! Their sweets are amazing!

Love you guys SOOOOOOOO much! Have a great week!

Con mucho amor,

Madi

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?