Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

That’s right! I made sushi. Email from February 13, 2010






















Hey family!

How are you all doing? It sounds like the funeral was beautiful. I love “Consider The Lillies.” It’s a beautiful song. It’s one of my favorites. It comes from the New Testament when the Savior is telling His Apostles to take no thought of what they should eat or drink or wear and he compares it to the lillies of the field and the birds in the air, how they grow and how they fly and how the Lord provides for them. And then saying that if the Lord provides for them, how much more will he provide for His apostles and really every one of us who put our faith and trust in the Lord and follow Him. It’s a beautiful song, I love it. I have the music here but it’s in English. I’ll have to try and translate it. That’s cool Mom that you got your Grandmas ring. I didn’t know that Nana wore her moms ring. Now you get to wear it and remember your grandma and your mom. That’s cool.

The Baptism was amazing! I love Carla! She bore her testimony and said that she knows that God loves her and that He has always loved her and has never forgotten her. But she said that she on the other hand had forgotten Him. And that by so doing she had lost a lot of blessings and that she was “not willing to lose any more” and that’s why she was here showing her willingness to God by entering into the waters of Baptism. She has such a strong testimony. She truly is amazing. After that, the lessons that we had with her... You guys, she has such a strong testimony and now that she has the Holy Ghost... The lessons were SO powerful and we hardly had to say anything. She just had to say she knew it was true and... She is just FULL of the Spirit. It was hard to leave the house because you just feel so good, nobody wants to move. You just want to sit there and ponder about Christ and bask in His love. She’s amazing.

So Wednesday I definitely wore red. I wore a red skirt, a black shirt with a red collared shirt underneath, and I had a red ribbon in my hair. I didn’t take a good picture because I took tons of pictures that day and forgot to make sure and take one that got the whole outfit in there. But I’ll send a few. :) There is one that I will send with me and my bags... Somehow I have accumulated a mountain of things in the mission... que vergüenza! Ha ha. So we were pulling my stuff up the hill on the way to the house and one bag fell and it was just kind of a chain reaction from there because we were all laughing our heads off... So I’ll send that pic among others. Ha ha. I’ll also send from the other night when I made sushi. :) That’s right! I made sushi. My companions were scared to eat it but I promised them that it wasn’t scary and they tried it and loved it. :) Unfortunately, our fridge now smells like fish (From the seaweed) and all our food also tastes like fish... is it a mind thing or is it really that way? ...I don’t know but it’s pretty funny. :)

My companions are Hermana Aponte from Argentina and Heramana Earl from Mount Pleasant Utah. :) I LOVE THEM!!!! They are amazing and I am so excited for this cambio. I know it will be great! I love you guys so much! I hope you have a great week! You’re the best!

Con amor,
Madi

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?