Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve Email and Plaza Choir Pictures






Thanks to President Lovell for the photos. I highjacked them from the mission blog. :)

Hey Family!

Yes, that was AWESOME that I got to call you guys the other night. It was fun to hear your voices. It will be fun to hear them again tomorrow. :)

The intercambios went really well. I loved working with Hermana Bourne and we had a really good day! :) We had one member (Anita, amazing woman with an amazing conversion story) that was out with us all day and we taught 5 awesome lessons. :) Everything went smoothly. The Lord really blessed us that day. I was nervous because it was my first time ever leading an area but wow. :) It was so not as scary as I thought. :) The spirit was with us and strong all day and led us exactly where we needed to go. Also, we taught all of lesson one in English! Here's a cool story for ya:
So there we are walking down the street and I realize that I had left my map of the area in a centro de llamadas. So we go back to get it and what do you know we run into an American on the street. What? So we’re talking to him and he was in our area looking for the bus terminal… which isn’t in our area… and he had been out in el campo for like a month with nobody to talk to but his dog and now he was looking for a bus to take him to Puerto Montt. He was kinda lost because he really doesn’t speak Spanish and this whole situation just made it perfect because he was so glad to be talking to someone finally that spoke his own language. So then when we got to know him a bit we started talking religion. He told us that a few years ago he worked with a friend who was LDS an had always been kinda curious but had never asked about his beliefs. Well, just then I realized that that morning (by accident) I had put an English pamphlet of The Restoration in my backpack. (I had seen it in another lesson we had had that day when I pulled it out thinking it was in Spanish) So I pulled it out then and testified to him that it wasn’t just coincidence that I had put that Pamphlet in my backpack that morning, and I testified to him that God had me put it in there so that I could give it to him. (He thought that was pretty cool. :) ) Then we started right into lesson one. It was awesome! And he was really interested. Are you ready for the next awesome part? :) Hermana Bourne had put a Book of Mormon in English in her bag that morning… Wow! :) So we also got to give that to him and explain that to him. He was so grateful you guys. It was so sweet. :) He just kept saying thank you so much and he even opened his bag and gave us some Chocolate that his mom had sent him. He kept saying that he had always been curios and that he was looking forward to reading it. We told him to call his friend and ask him questions and also to look for the missionaries when he got home and you guys, he’s really going to do it. It was SO awesome! I loved it! God really is in control. :)
The day was full of tender mercies like that and I was so grateful. :)
Then of course the next day was awesome too because we sang in the Plaza de Almas (I think that’s what it’s called) and then had our sleepover at the mission home. …That was a blast. :) That’s when I called you. We had a little bit of a dress-up party. I’ll send you pics when Hermana Stout and Hermana Aguilar give me copies. It was fun. :) That’s all I’ll say for now. Ha ha. We did a little bit of acting, a little bit of dancing (Yes, I did my crazy dance moves.) and a whole lot of laughing. :) I loved it! I love those Hermanas. We really do have great Hermanas in our mission. Basically we just have the best mission ever. :) Great Hermanas, Great Elders, and we have AMAZING President and Hermana Lovell. I love my mission! :)

And I love you guys! You’re all fantastic! Amazing! Wonderful! The best family in the world! I love you! Talk to you in less than 24 hours! :)

Con mucho amor,

Madi

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?