Chile, Osorno Mission April 2010- November 2011

madi's talk

madi's talk
MADISON WILL BE GIVING HER HOMECOMING TALK ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 24 @1:00PM ................................................ AT 1410 EAST GENTILE STREET...............................................

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

" I must be REALLY smart because I have a HUGE forehead!" email October 11, 2010

Hey fam! What's up?

So Dadicito, I loved your email. :) Thanks. I love you guys so much!

So here’s something I was really excited about:

First of all you have to understand that our sector is HUGE! So there are many parts that we haven’t even touched yet. We are trying to expand but it’s hard when the sectors are so far away and all of your people are in the sectors closer to home. But we are trying to expand our parameters. :) So I was studying our map and checking out the parts of our sector where we haven’t been and there is this whole chunk on the other side of the highway (Yes, the highway goes through our sector… that’s how big it is) that we haven’t seen. I started browsing over the street names and realized that they looked really familiar… Merak... Vega… Deneb…. NO WAY! I kept reading and saw Altair, Sirius, Regulus, and Polaris. :) I saw Arcturis and sped on down to Spica! ;) Ha ha! We totally have a neighborhood full of star names! I was so happy. :) I’m pretty sure that my comp thought I was weird for being so excited. Ha ha! It brought back memories of all of us laying out on the tramp and Dad saying things like, “I’ll give 50 cents to whoever can point out Spica first…” Ha ha. It also brought back memories of pulling out the telescope and looking and Jupiter and Saturn and Nebulas and other amazing star things and inviting the Petersons over to take a look. :) Anyway… It was a pretty cool discovery.
So the other day we went over to an inactive member’s house. She’s deaf… and she’s hilarious!!! Ha ha ha. Her name is Yolanda. She went deaf recently (I guess it runs in the family.) So she can talk, she just can’t hear. When she talks she always shouts and she says whatever she wants. Ha ha. She’s just a funny girl. :) So the other day while we were at her house she stops everything and looks at me and screams, “Do you have a bald spot?!” And then she ran over to play with my hair and check it out. She soon discovered that it wasn’t a bald spot at all- I just have an unusually large forehead. :) She made that clear when she continued shouting about how I must be REALLY smart because I have a HUGE forehead! (I think that night I was crying myself to sleep on my HUGE pillow. Ha ha) I love Yolanda! :) Her son Kevin is ten and wants to get baptized but with his mom being inactive he can’t. It’s hard because she’s deaf so she won’t hear anything that they are saying. We would write for her and she knows that but she just doesn’t understand the importance of going to church. We are tying to help her see. Kevin understands. We’ve just got to help Yolanda.
This weekend we are doing the Joseph Smith thing one last time. :) There is always so much opposition before we do this thing but in the end it always comes out powerful and we always see miracles. I know it will be the same this time.

So… who has a huge birthmark on their face? And tell Tanner not to tell his name to strangers when they call and his parents are out of town. Ha ha!

I love you guys TONS! I hope you have a great week!

Take luck and care!

Con amor,

Madi

No comments:

VOTE-Where do you think Madi wil get called to serve?